cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmackay1903
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Cloud - Mac Problem

I;ve tried installing BT Cloud on my Mac Pro and it comes up with the following error message: 

Could not connect to the serrvice.  Check your network connection.  SSL handshake failed.

error.jpg

My broadband connection is working fine for everything else I am using the computer for - just the BT cloud application doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
strixton
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Cloud - Mac Problem

I have exactly the same problem. Any solutions?

0 Ratings
gmackay1903
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Problem still not resolved.

If you have an issue with BT Cloud phone this number to get direct access to the first line team:  0800 500 3114

0 Ratings
philipjcowan
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

I can't upload files on to Cloud - I get an error message telling me the files need to have an extension name.

BT broadband is fine, but all the supposed 'extras' are awful. Openzone? Email? Now Cloud - utterly useless.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 12

Now Cloud - utterly useless. ~~~ Very poor quality: yes. Utterly useless: no.

The automatic backup does copy files without extension, whether chosen as individual files or part of a directory.  They must have gone out of their way to prevent it on the web interface.

0 Ratings
philipjcowan
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

OK, it does seem to be uploading a whole load of stuff I don't want it to upload. But how do I get it to only upload individual files I choose to upload? If I drag them over I just get the error message that the files don't have an extension.

This could be useful to me if it were to work like Dropbox or Google Drive and I can upload stuff at home then download them at work.

Time Machine with a Time Capsule on a Mac is such a phenomenally good backup system I can't see me wanting to backup routinely with anything else.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 12

But how do I get it to only upload individual files I choose to upload?  On the Windows PC client, 'Add to Backup' allows you to add files or folders.  You need to be careful navigating to a file as it is all too easy to select the folder instead, but it can be done.  And it accepts files with no extension.

I don't think you can use it easily for syncing like Dropbox; as far as I can see you can automatically upload on machine A, but need to explicitly download on machine B.

0 Ratings
philipjcowan
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

We are talking Mac here, remember.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 12

The Mac client should be pretty similar to the Windows one: I just can't check it out. Could be that the navigation to a file is just that bit different so it becomes impossible, though? When you choose 'Add to Backup', does the next prompt say 'Add folders', or 'Add files or folders'? That would give an idea of what it is meant to do (though not necessarily what it will do).
0 Ratings
philipjcowan
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

To be honest, I don't really understand the interface. I don't understand what has been backed up or whether or not I can access it from another device.

I won't be using this until BT make it easier to interact with. I will stick with Dropbox and Google Drive until the company improves the interface.

0 Ratings