cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattwhiting
Aspiring Contributor
Message 141 of 143

Re: BT Cloud Mac stops before backup is complete

Interesting. Unfortunately, my experience was the usual BT fiasco. Firstly, there was an update for BT Cloud when I fired it up... so far, so good.

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 2.29.07 pm.png

After installing, I logged in, but...

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 2.31.42 pm.png

Aaargh! So I go to the BT web site to log in and see what's what, and I get this.

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 2.34.29 pm.png

And then when I try to go to My Account they want me to change my password. Fine, that's always a good idea for security, so I make up a new one but they tell me it can't be more than 10 characters: less than my last one! So much for improved security!

And then they ask me to enter a PIN. I have never had a PIN for BT (I know as I have to record this stuff somewhere secret, being hard-of-remembering).

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 2.34.50 pm.png

So, fine, I'll say I've forgotten it and they can reset it. But...

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 2.35.08 pm.png

So what exactly is the security question, hmmmm...? I have never had a security question for BT (I know as I have to record this stuff somewhere secret, being hard-of-remembering, remember?).

And there I'm stuck. And I can't even see my bills any more. Will probably leave this for another couple of years, when ideally I'm with another ISP who can actually make this stuff work.

0 Ratings
Message 142 of 143

Hi @mattwhiting I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your MyBT account, as it's disabled you'll need to get in touch with the helpdesk to get that reactivated.

Did you email myaccount-help@bt.com as per the error message when trying to login?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
srpsrp
Expert
Message 143 of 143

I cancelled my entire BT 18 months ago good job too by the looks of things, the box is still an embarrassment IMHO even as a simple Freeview recorder.

0 Ratings