Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud: New update for Windows

Go to solution

Hi all,

Today we're going to start the roll-out of a new version of BT Cloud for Windows. This upgrade contains lots of 'under the hood' changes. You're unlikely to notice much in terms of new features or graphic layout (though we have resized some windows, to make things easier to read).

What we have done in this update is made some significant performance improvements. For users with large BT Cloud accounts, the old software would sometimes take a long time to initially load, or to open the 'backup' tab. We've re-coded this part of the software, which should lead to much better performance (I know from our beta users amongst the forum community, that they've seen a big improvement here).

We're not going to make this update available to everybody at once - we'll release it to small group of users today, and then monitor performance over the next week to ensure we're seeing the expected performance jumps. All being well, we'll then release it to everybody over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Joe (Senior Product Manager, BT Cloud)

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
meadfoot
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud: New update for Windows

Go to solution

My BT Cloud updated yesterday and all I get now is "Sorry we cannot connect" or similar keeps flashing up and "Server error, retrying" if I right click on the BT Cloud symbol.

The "Show Dashboard" is also greyed out and not selectable.

The BTcloud.exe is version 16.3.18.10

Regards, Rog Hanson

0 Ratings
Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Same here, it's now not connecting at all (16.3.18.10 on Windows 10 with latest updates)
0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Swampylee & @meadfoot,

Sorry to see you're having trouble! Neither of you are on the updated version of BT Cloud we published to a small group of users on Wednesday, as that is version 17.1 (not 16.3.18.10).

The error message you're describing happen if there are server difficulties. We can't see anything wrong at our end currently - could you let me know if the problem is still happening? If it is, you can email me at btcloud.support@bt.com, and I'll collect some extra details to work out what's going wrong.

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Mine started working this morning. It must have been something your end.
0 Ratings
meadfoot
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Mines also working after installing the new version.

Thanks to Joe for his excellent advice.

0 Ratings