cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud Not Backing Up

I've been using the BT Cloud backup on my PC for ages but when I checked on the web I wasn't sure all my data was there.

So I started from scratch: uninstalled the desktop client, deleted all the data from the web interface and then re-installed the client.  I set it up to backup just one folder but with a lot of sub-folders.

It quickly backed up about 1.6 GB but then it stopped and it hasn't done anything further for 10 hours.  There's over 100GB of photos in the folder but it certainly hasn't backed them all up.

I'm using the latest 21.8.9 client.  What's going on?  Does it just not work?  I don't see what I could be doing wrong.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud Not Backing Up

Just to add - I also have logs.  I started logging immediately after install and have just saved them.  24 hours now and still nothing further backed up ...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

For good measure I've now waited 48 hours and a couple of reboots and still only 1.7GB of my 140 odd are uploaded.  So about 1% of my files backed up.  Not great.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @strubbly1 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're having problems backing up your files with BT Cloud at the moment. I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to get the BT Cloud team to look into this for you.

You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi Neil

I am having similar issues to Strubby1 - are there any fixes for this you can share, failing that can you put me in touch with the BT Cloud team please

Thanks

Huw

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @HuwPyatt, thanks for posting, and sorry that you're also having this issue. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi, I am having the same problem. Just stopped mid back up and nothing new being added. Plenty of bandwidth, wifi, storage left. Reinstalled etc.

Nothing 😞

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Not sure if this’ll sort your issue, but there’s a software update 22.8.10 available from the BT Cloud website. It may help? 

Message 9 of 9

Hi 

Thanks for this, but I gave up on BTCloud as a backup, I am using Microsoft OneDrive which although not perfect works for me.

However since  I have a new PC I may give it another go

Thanks

Huw

0 Ratings