cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud Not syncing

Go to solution

I have used BT Cloud for some years now without problem, I am currently using v21.8.9, I have 2 pcs with W10 up to date and both have the same issue as per dialog below, I have removed and re-installed the app, removed all folders from backup and deleted them online then reset the backup folders but while it seeme to work for a short while it fails again on both pc's, I have installed the same version on a W8 pc for testing purposes and have had NO issues, any advice would be appreciated

RonCoy_0-1642425570435.png

rgds

Ron Coy

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud Not syncing

Go to solution

I have this sometimes. My only answer is to either:

1. Stop bt cloud in Task Manger and restart it or

2. Reboot

Yesterday I had that problem 6 times and had to reboot 6 times, but now it seems ok e. 

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @RonCoy and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your Cloud issue, sorry you're having problems. Can you try the advice posted by @paulmarkj and let me know if it helps?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, I have tried restart, reboot, re-install a number of times without resolution! this afternoon however without any action on my part the app is running correctly, I was convinced that W10 was the issue but not sure any more! it is very frustrating that BT Cloud is so inconsistent.

thanks for taking your time to help

rgds

Ron Coy

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM ,

I have the same problem as the original poster. The biggest issue is that it the problem is intermittent - at the moment my PC files are happily being synced to BT Cloud as I type this, and have been for over half an hour, but at any time the error box described above may appear, and I will have to exit BT Cloud and then restart it - it will then sometimes fail again almost immediately, and at other times it will work for quite a while before the problem occurs again.

I first noticed this problem after an update to Windows 10, but that may be a coincidence - is BT Cloud fully compatible with all the latest updates? My other query was if maybe there is any sort of cache within BT Cloud that could be cleared by me, in case there is some sort of problematic data remnant from if BT Cloud was paused in the middle of syncing a very large video file for instance? It is currently syncing a 757MB file, which will take a good few hours to upload, so it is highly likely I will need to pause the syncing at some stage during this due to bandwidth issues.

My biggest concern is that this means I cannot leave BT Cloud to sync unattended if I want to guarantee it will continue as it should... but that means that finding a good time to sync is a problem as I also cannot let BT Cloud sync if anyone in the house wants to stream a video or attend an online meeting, as it takes up too much bandwidth and makes the video quality unacceptable or intermittent (I live 0.9 miles from our green box and I am not in a Fibre to Premises area). I would love it if I could leave BT Cloud to sync all night when everyone is asleep and then turn off the syncing in the morning when people need to use the broadband themselves, but I cannot rely on this happening without the error box appearing, which means I am always behind on my backups, which is of course quite worrying in case something happened to my PC.

I am not going to uninstall and reinstall BT Cloud and risk losing all my settings / "files selected for backup" list, or risk it trying to do a repeat backup of my 300GB of selected files - I had a lot of problems a year ago getting BT Cloud to work at all. I would just like to know whether this problem has a known cause and is being worked on, or if there are fixes that I can apply that will enable syncing to occur reliably overnight when the PC is unsupervised.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

My BT Cloud on Windows 10 has stopped syncing.  I have uninstalled it and set it up again twice.  It still doesn't work.  However I can upload directly onto the bt coud website.  I have tried pausing and then resuming syncing but it made no difference.   Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Since 1/4/2022 my laptop does not sync to the Cloud. I get a message saying "trying to connect to servers". I can upload files from the online site.

Are BT aware of the problem ? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Not sure if this works more widely but I solved this issue by simply removing all folders from the desktop wizard sync page and saving, then replacing them and saving. Whether it sticks, time will tell...
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, I've not been getting BTcloud to automatically sync on my S22 for many months. Only updates if i ask it to do it manually. Was great until around 18 months ago, then it became sub optimal

0 Ratings