cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cityboyse1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

BT Cloud PC Desktop App

I have loaded about 400Gb of files (photos, documents, music etc) to the BT Cloud using the desktop app on my PC. Although it took about a week to upload, the app worked well. However, now, when I launch the app it just hangs. Occasionally it will load the Summary screen showing my data has been uploaded, but if click any of the others tabs, it just hangs again. Anybody have any idea what is happening and how to solve it?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cityboyse1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud web interface not showing all uploaded files

I have uploaded just under 400Gb of files (photos, documents, music, videos etc) to BT Cloud and I can see all the files organised by way of folder in the "All My Files" tab of the iPad and iPhone app. However, on the web interface, two folders do not show up and I also don't see the two hardrives (C and E) from which I have uploaded files. All I see is three folders from the E drive (which is one less than I uploaded) and I cannot see the C drive from which I have uploaded about 200Gb in my iTunes Media folder. How do I get the web interface to update to show all files?
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: BT Cloud web interface not showing all uploaded files

Hi @Cityboyse1 and welcome.

This might be one for @JoeV. Can you help Joe?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Cityboyse1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Re: BT Cloud PC Desktop App

I uninstalled and re-installed the desktop app and this has solved the hanging problem but now none of the folders I set to backup are showing in the backup tab. If I re-add them it starts the backup again and tells me I don't have enough space. With the problems I am having, I am less than impressed with BT Cloud.
0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Cityboyse1,

Sorry you're having trouble. Uninstalling and Reinstalling the software will clear your backup list, but you should be able to set your folders to reupload as long as there's not enough new content (or new versions of files that have previously been backed up) to push you over your quota.

If in doubt, you can delete the previously backed up folder from the BT Cloud website (https://btcloud.bt.com) under the All My Files section, then set it to back up from the desktop software. For any unchanged files that you backed up previously, the desktop software will see them in your cache and not reupload them again, so the upload process will be a lot quicker.

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Cityboyse1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I had to delete my iTunes Media folder through the BT Cloud Web Interface to make room for it to be added to my back-up folders. The folder is about 196Gb. It re-synced the first 90Gb fairly quickly but it is now uploading the rest of the files and I probably have days of uploading to go. Also,  the desktop app is now very slow and takes half an hour or so to change from one tab to another. It obviously struggles to handle large amounts of data but, if that is the case, why do BT give you 500Gb of space? Overall, I am not impressed.

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Cityboyse1,

Sorry you're still having trouble! Our next version of the BT Cloud software fixes a bug which was causing the client to respond very slowly for some users with lots of data backed up. We're about to start beta testing the software updates, and you can post here if you'd like to try it out yourself.

If you'd like to wait for the official software release then I'd expect it to be published at some point in May, though this will depend on how our testing goes and if we uncover any new issues that need fixing.

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings