Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winterwolf
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud - Querys

Hi,

Well after a loooong time I finally got my files backed up (im on infinity, not sure why it took so long compared to my other cloud services).

Anyway, Ive decided theres a bunch of files I want to remove (as in a couple of hundred)

Is there any quick way of selecting multiple files from a single directory to delete via the web interface? ..if I could order by filetype etc it would be great!

At the moment I have to tick every single file individually.. Delete a page ful, then scroll down and delete another etc.

Also any reason why some of my pictures thumbnails dont show up either? ... There a valid jpg, but the thumbnail doesnt show up... nor does it when I preview it.  I have to download it to my PC to actually see what it is.

Seriously wondering why im using this service.  I have 50gb and tempted to go back to use just drop box and skydrive as the interface and speed is a lot quicker.

Any help please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud - Querys

I'm getting increaseing pessimistic that BT Cloud will ever turn into a really useful service.

Not very well advertised, but you can also sign up for free Flickr Pro membership with your BT email.  That complements dropbox and skydrive for saving and sharing large numbers of photos.  (Though a still haven't found a convenient Flickr uploader, and you don't get the automatic backup of new files that you get with BT Cloud and the others).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I am having exactly the same problems. No information about multiple deletes and why  thumbnail photographs sometimes not show. Incidently what is 'drop box' & 'skydrive'?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

these are both storage facilities like cloud - just use google - they are free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 7

Dropbox is one of the very earliest Cloud sync systems, and still the best in many ways.  https://www.dropbox.com

Skydrive is Microsoft's cloud offering, and Google Drive is Google's.

All free for limited amounts of data.  They have slightly different features and details.  Which is best depends a bit on exactly what you want to do.  Dropbox is very clean and simple.  The Google and Microsoft offerings are a bit more confusing because of their interactions with other services from these companies; and the fact that they keep renaming and repackaging the options.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks to those who supplied the information. Basically I want remote storage to store photos so that I can later upload them on to the web. I have featured eBay shop and would like to use self hosting on my listings. I am also designing my own website and will need it for this. I am not very technologically minded and any advice on easy options would be gratefully received!
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 7

You get free signon for Flickr Pro with your BT email; that might be suitable.

Also, I find Google Picasa a most convenient photo organizer on my PC, which also allows convenient online saving.  You can save and share up to 1GB of pictures of any size, and an unlimited number up to 2048x2048; that is probably more than enough for eBay listings or websites, but not for lossless backup of pictures.  It's become a little more confusing since Google changed from PicasaWeb to Google+, but still very handy.

I've never referenced Flickr or Picasa pictures from eBay but I think it is probably quite easy.

p.s. You may find http://www.ehow.com/how_4875799_include-pictures-ebay-listings.html helpful

0 Ratings