cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud - Reconnecting to an existing Backup?

I have a large folder backed-up to BT Cloud from an internal hard drive on my PC.

I have been 'forced' to reinstall Windows and the BT Cloud App etc. onto the PC so it is effectively a new machine but the data drive and data are exactly the same as before.

What I would like to do is link the existing backup to the same folder as before, have them sync (nothing actually to do), and carry on from there. Is this possible? Or do I really need to take the time to create a completely new backup?

Thanks

Philip

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud - Reconnecting to an existing Backup?

I have been through a similar issue and am having problems. I had to replace a failed hard drive and restored all my files from the BT Cloud to a replacement drive, New Volume I.  The files were restored a new folder which BT Cloud also named I which meant that the path would be New volume I > I > etc so I got rid of folder I so I had a shorter path to my documents on the I drive.  Now the BT app struggles to sign in and continuously says 'syncing' as shown below.  The help desk did not really understand BT Cloud, googling solutions as I had already done.  It would be good if there was a more comprehensive BT Cloud user guide rather than the one I found which only covers the straightforward setting up scenarios at a superficial level.

AandB_1-1590225433449.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud - Reconnecting to an existing Backup?

Thanks for responding - at least I know now that there are folk out there reading these posts.

As you say, it would be helpful if there were some more comprehensive documentation on what we can actually do with the BT cloud services through I rather suspect that even then it wouldn't / couldn't cope with the sorts of situation that we each describe.

0 Ratings