cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamGamee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud - Recovering Files from Trash / BAD DESIGN FLAW!!!!!

I have BT Cloud which I use across a few devices, one of them was my Laptop which i used to store / save images from I had saved to it.

To save up some space, I deleted the files from my laptop, as I was needing to free up some space, after all they where safe, right?

I recently was on holiday and managed the images and placed them in the folder which BT Cloud backs up from. Today I logged into my BT cloud online, to get an image from the previous images I had uploaded from the laptop, but noticed that one or two images where in the "trash folder".

Thinking they where just failed uploads, the completed ones being in their respective folders, i emptied it.

I then went back to the devices on left hand side, saw my laptop then selected it. I went to the folders, where I assumed all the previous files where, along with the new ones just uploaded.

What a "lovely" surprise I saw when I noticed ALL the files, folders and data had gone APART from the ones I recently uploaded.

It then dawned on me the following:

When i removed the files on my laptop, BT Cloud without warning, notificiation or anywhere written down in a statement MOVED all the files in the cloud, assocaited to my laptop which was uploaded, to the TRASH! When I then went to remove them, because I had not physically moved them to trash, stated an intent to remove them or knew that the software automatically remeved them to there when removed on device - believing them NOT to me from that device, I was unware as to what it done.

This is a VERY BAD design flaw, I have LOST IMPORTANT files which I can't get back.

Why is the software designed like this?

Can i get the files back?

Please can someone help me?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
SamGamee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud - Recovering Files from Trash / BAD DESIGN FLAW!!!!!

**NUDGE**

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud - Recovering Files from Trash / BAD DESIGN FLAW!!!!!

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read  you will get a reply  if any one has had similar problem and can help you 

0 Ratings