cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeToll
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud - Smart Albums - not available to use via Photos view?

Go to solution

I am running a backup of my thousands of Windows desktop photos for the first time. I've found that the ONLY way I can see my photos in Smart Albums (i.e. the structure of the original Windows folders) is to log in to the Web interface and then see them via All My Files / My Desktop / C / Users / Me / Pictures.  I.e. Albums don't seem to be visible within Web interface's Photos view!

Also, Smart Albums don't seem to be available to use via the Android BT Cloud App. When I look in the Android App's Photos view I can see all the photos as single items, or on a timeline, but the tab for Albums shows no photos at all and just invites me to create a New Album.

So it's great to have my photos backed up, and it's great to be able to see them on my Android tablet.

However the only way to find a specific picture is to either: use the timeline, or search and hope that the keyword was in the original filename.

Being able to see photos in Smart Albums (folders) simply on mobile devices would be great ... but can it be done?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud - Smart Albums - not available to use via Photos view?

Go to solution

Hi Mike,

Sounds like Smart Albums are either turned off on your account, or that they're not working for you. What happens on my computers when BT Cloud backs up folders containing photos is that it creates an 'album' using the folder name as the album title. Each album contains all the photos and videos that were inside the folder on my PC / Mac.

These albums are visible on the BT Cloud website, and also in the Android and iOS apps (I find them by choosing the 'albums' view from the 'photos and videos' section).

The first thing I'd check is that Smart Albums is turned on in your BT Cloud PC / Mac app. There's a tickbox on the 'Settings' page, which needs to be ticked to enable smart albums. If it is turned on then it sounds like something isn't working properly - My advise would be to contact a forum mod and ask them to raise it with the BT Cloud team.

Good luck getting it resolved 🙂

0 Ratings
MikeToll
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt response JoeeeeeeR. I've come back to it some time later and it has indeed now made 2 (of shedloads) of Albums on Web/Photos/Albums and Android Photos/Albums.

So moral seems to be that they are set up as some background / longer running activity and I just needed to be more patient.

Back to testing stuff out to find the next question 😉

Cheers

0 Ratings
MikeToll
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Well 36 hours later no more Smart Albums had been generated.

Turned out that to provoke/generate a Smart Album there needed to be some activity in the source folder (PC / Windows in this instance).

Copied a photo, gave it an easily found name, posted it in to each folder I wanted a Smart Album for and behold BT Cloud started generating Smart Albums.

A quick Windows search on that easily found file name and mass delete got rid of them all on the PC ... now there's just all the ones in BT Cloud to lose!  I guess in theory Backup should note them as deleted and delete them from the Smart Albums in BT Cloud too?... we'll see.

0 Ratings