cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianAlecT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud Syncs Continuously

I have photographs stored on BT Cloud in various sync folders and which have been there for a long time.  However, without any change being made to the photographs, on logging into BT Cloud the photographs are scanned and then synced .  On completion there is a short pause before the process restarts.  I am finding this to be quite annoying as it buys up computer processing power and perhaps more importantly broadband bandwidth.  

Does anyone have an answer?

I am running OSX 10.13

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Facherty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud Syncs Continuously

@BrianAlecT . There is a fairly long general discussion about this software at https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Mac-stops-before-backup-is-comple....

I am not convinced about the bandwidth difficulty - it does not appear to re-upload identical files, but you may find some answers in the thread.

0 Ratings
BrianAlecT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the help and the link.  However,  I could not really find anything that would solve my problem.  On the question of not the same files being uploaded, when I look at what is being scanned  it always appears to be the same set of folders.  But, if on each “pass” just the files from one of the folders is synced then it would appear as continuously syncing which seems a bit ridiculous.   I will continue to investigate this aspect though.

Regards,

Brian

0 Ratings
tarzey
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Exactly the same problem here. I have two Windows 10 devices, each loaded with BT Cloud, on my home network which both connect via the same BT Smart Hub to an underused BT Infinity FTC line. Both instances of the BT Cloud software are configured identically. On one device BT Cloud synchs correctly, whenever a change occurs, either locally or in the cloud. The other device synchs, then displays the orange clock-face 'waiting' symbol for a few moments, then synchs again, then displays the orange clock-face 'waiting' symbol for a few moments, then synchs again - I could go on but you get the picture. I have tried all the obvious remedies, including uninstalling the program and reinstalling, to no avail. The fault is clearly local to this device as the other computer on my LAN is unaffected. Files appear to be synchronised correctly but there is something clearly not right here and it would be good to sort this out.

0 Ratings