cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Cloud - The specified path, file name or both are too long

Go to solution

Hello, I'm also getting the error message "The specified path, file name or both are too long" when trying to back-up to BT Cloud. I've tried to uninstall then re-install BT Cloud on my desktop but am still getting the error message.

Grateful for any advice.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

BT Cloud error message: the specified path, file name or both are too long

Go to solution

Hi,

When trying to sync/back-up my files via BT Cloud I'm getting the error message "the specified path, file name or both are too long". I don't think that the path or file names are too long though, plus I have removed the files that seemed to be causing the issue when syncing and I am still getting the same error message.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing BT Cloud (desktop version) but am still getting the same error message.

Grateful for any advice on how to fix. Many thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@MTJ104 

I had the same problem earlier in the year (see mb2 post in this thread from 07-09-2021 16h07)

As is always the problem with BT, once you get through the layers and layer of unhelpful bureaucracy and incompetence, you hopefully get to talk to to someone who knows what they are talking about and you get your problem solved. I eventually got to talk to someone in the BT Cloud team who advised the following:

1) uninstall BT Cloud.

2) delete the log and dbf files - they are in [username]/appdata/local - there were two folders for BTCloud - I renamed them rather than just deleted them. Then reinstall BT Cloud.

You will unfortunately need to re-configure your backups and synching, but doing this seems to resolve it. This seems to be the fix for it, why they can't just sort the software is a mystery.

Good luck!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

It worked! Thanks @mb2 for your advice. 

Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Re: BT Cloud error message: the specified path, file name or both are too long

Go to solution

Please note that this has been answered by @mb2  in another thread, which is titled "BT Cloud - The specified path, file name or both are too long".

0 Ratings