cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Softmjb
Message 1 of 15

BT Cloud - Trying to reassociate PC with device name registered on BT Cloud

I have had to uninstall and reinstall the BT Cloud software on my PC. 

Following the reinstallation, the software setup procedure in step 3 of 5 asks for a new device name. 

It lists my PC's name but as an existing device but will not allow me to reuse the name.

What I want to do is to reconnect the files which were backed up from my PC with the PC itself as these were originally set up for automatic backup.

I have some 28 GB of these files stored on BT Cloud and do not wish to have to to have to go through the whole backup process again!

ANy ideas as to how I can do this?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Cloud - Trying to reassociate PC with device name registered on BT Cloud

Hi Softmjb,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. You can find a list of Cloud FAQ’s here. If that doesn’t resolve the issue for you drop me an email with the details. You’ll find the “contact us” link in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 15

I saw the same issue. For me it wasn't a problem as I didn't have anything significant backed up on the old device name.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

I am having the same problems. How did you resolve?
Surely there is a way to re-associate your device after uninstall/re-install without having to go through the pain of starting again - delete everything and setting up again!!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 15

The list of FAQs David referenced doesn't seem to cover the question.

I'm sure several people want a clear answer to this; I'll ask the mods to chase up with the BT Cloud team to get an answer.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 6 of 15

Yes, I had this back on 12Nov13, after accepting the prompt to download/install a new version of BTCloud's PC Client App.

I decided to go ahead and specify a new device name - having some 18Gig of data, figured it could run all day if needed & then try DELETING the original DEVICEname & RENAMING the new one to the old one - which worked fine .....

.... but since then I can only Upload (SYNC) from the Web Version - the PC Client wont seem to accept a filename, and stubbornly insists that there no SYNC files in the Cloud - but there are, when viewed via the Web .... it does however take a copy of the requested File in my WIN7 Userid Folders - BT_SYNC Folder ....

0 Ratings
MiniRoll
Message 7 of 15

Hello

I have a probem with this too.  I had to uninstall and re-install BT Cloud and it will not let me re-use the same device name.  I have over 45gb so do not want to upload the whole lot again.

Please could we have an answer to this.

Thanks

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 8 of 15

bump ..... I've still got the problem of the Client not recognizing the files in the SYNC Folder that were uploaded by the Web Server .... the Client just wont 'Backup' any .pst (Outlook) files, but the Web will ....
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 9 of 15

Discussed this with one of the Mods yesterday while waiting for my YV box to fire up and check another reported problem - he was to alert a colleague, so in meantime I'm keeping the thread visible ...

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 10 of 15

see previous post .....

0 Ratings