cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud Unexpected Error after updating software

I got a notification that BT cloud needed an update, so downloaded that and then immediately got an 'unexpected error' notification and I can't use the desktop app.  I searched and saw that it might be due to needing a Mac update, so updated it to Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 but I'm still facing the same issue.  I don't want to uninstall as some of my files are only on my BT app as they seem to be too big to access from any other device and so I imagine they aren't in the cloud.  Please could you let me know what to do?  Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud Unexpected Error after updating software

Hi

A lot of people are experiencing problems at the moment after the upgrade watch this space.Please also reported to BT as they still have not got the message yet

Message 3 of 4

@Billbo23 The app itself does not store any files. It's just the tool that transfers your files back and forward so it's safe to uninstall. Just make sure you quit the app and remove any files from the BTCloud folder before un-installing in case it also deletes the BTCloud folder. You can check to see what's in the cloud by logging in via MyBT and accessing BTCloud with your browser.

Message 4 of 4

I have the same error and have tried repeatedly uninstalling and re-installing with no effect. And from experience when you raise this kind of issue with the expert team, if you can get through to them (you have ti wait for them to contact you) they clearly don't know too much about the tool. Not impressed!

0 Ratings