cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade has affected PC Performance

@easmm04  

Hi, BT are currently working on this and there is no fix for the issues many may be seeing. I have had an update but whilst it may have been better it is still lacking in several areas. I am currently waiting for the next attempt at a fix. 

I am hoping it will not be too long as it is now over a week since I had communication from BT. In the meantime, we just must hope that the next version will resolve all the issues I have reported.

Just FYI, right now mine shows the system tray icon as uploading but nothing is happening. It's been like that for the past two days despite my PC being rebooted many times. So, if that is what is happening to you now annoying as it is you will just have to be patient, I'm afraid.

Regards

RG
Tags (3)
Message 12 of 21

No still have the same problem had no response from BT Support so the BT Cloud is of no use on a Windows PC. This has been a problem since last year and no one has fixed the issue.  

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Its still a major problem that has not been fixed by BT. I have now signed up for One Drive from Microsoft as nothing was being backed up on the BT Cloud from my PC!!!!   

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Not sure if this would help.

My 11 year old Windows 10 laptop with an i3 370M has been backing up my files no problem with the updated BTCloud. Got around 130GB backed up fine.

In the past with other apps that seemed to go south I’ve used the SFC and DSIM tools to check that the windows version is as it should be. And sometimes it’s found a corruption. Is it worth trying the same? 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

BT Cloud was actually working fine on my Windows 10 desktop until 8th February and I had a few 100G of files on it (they are still on my harddrive, so not lost anything). I had been working the BT Cloud hard with moving some of my videos around, but no idea why it now doesn't even launch. It appears in the Taskbar and TaskManager for about 0.5 seconds and stops.

I can't see any Windows updates or BT Cloud update prior to the issue occurring, so it's quite a mystery to me.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Well, I have at least resolved my issues after some poke and hope attempts.

I uninstalled BT Cloud, then (not sure if this bit is relevant but it resolved a problem on my work laptop some time ago too) I unticked the "Turn on fast Startup" option in the "Windows Power Settings > Additional Power Settings > Choose what the power buttons do" screen. I then shutdown my PC fully and rebooted it and re-installed the BT Cloud software and launched it ok and managed to log in. It then took a few hours looking like it was doing nothing, but when i looked in the Resource Monitor > Disk usage screen, I could see all my files being read from the disk by BT Cloud. Eventually (the next morning) I actually saw the files synching and it is continuing to do so!

I hope that maybe helps someone else on here.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Sounds good, what is the usage on your disks? Anything running at 100%?

Regards

RG
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

If your on a fibre to the cabinet product - as distinct from fibre to the home - you’re probably limited to around 20Mbps upload speed. So doing the maths that’s around 2MBps. Or around 7GB per hour. Which is why I think it can take an age to upload video files and what not. And why it seems nothing happens for a while. Perhaps there’s some compression going on which keeps  the processor busy too?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Disk usage was 90-100% overnight but it wasn't using the network to do any uploading/downloading, it just seemed to be preparing what needed to be uploaded later. Currently the disk usage is only 5% and it is using all my 10Mb upload capacity (it will probably be around 10 more hours to complete).

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

I bet that the network was doing 1-2Kbps for most of that time and the disk was at 95-100% writing to the disk. This was the issue that I had with my SSD and that consitutes a LOT of wear on the SSD. Once that phase of the new install is over you then see the uploads going on at whatever your max upload speed is.

In my case the application will work for a time and then crash out. I use BTCloud to backup my phone and one thing I tried was deleting a 4GB folder while BTCloud was trying to upload it. Not a good result. Once it recovers (some long time later) it does sort itself out. That was only one of the things I tried. Even just shuting down the system (Fast Start disabled) may cause an issue as it tries to get back in sync on restart. Today for some reason it finished off uploading a folder that had stalled for the last 5 days. No rational explanation apart from BT doing something I don't know about at the server end.
I think the next version will be out soon, I hope it is less troublesome that the current one.
Regards

RG
0 Ratings