cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 651

BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Took the recent offer and was using BT cloud as sync back up with certain folders allocated to sync to the cloud. They upgraded the software this morning, desktop and iPhone app, and all sorts fo new wierd features ahve been added and what was syncing seems to have disappeared? Am I the only one, have dtopped it syncing till I can make some sense of what it is doing and what new wonderful(?) features BT have tried to slip in. It was trying to sync 52Gb of back up acorss all devices and down load everythign to my desktop.

Why do upgrades often appear backward steps?

0 Ratings
650 REPLIES 650
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 2 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

I too am having issues.

The Cloud program has disappeared from my PC this morning, and when I download it and install it fails to function.

If this is an "upgrade" related issue the upgrade has certainly failed!

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 651

Anyone got a link to the previous version. Want to reinstall that and remove the upgrade form my desktop. Awful.

0 Ratings
Chris_Hibiscus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 651

I to am having problems. I eventually download a version from my "My BTPage" which seems to have loaded the old version after I rejected and upgrade request that popped up. Now resyning all my photos again.

Can someone from BT explain please? This problem is going to causea lot of confusion.

Chris

0 Ratings
westonmaid
Message 5 of 651

Same here as the upgrade is now backing of 100GB which is already on the cloud. I cannot see the files are on the cloud. I gbot the software to work by rebooting but when yiou click connect to cloud it takes me to the cloud folder on the PC rather than the fluffy cloud in the sky. 

0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 6 of 651

It won't even let me access my files via a browser now, as it says they are being indexed!

BT what have you done?

0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 7 of 651

Now seem to have browser access, but still need software for my PC that works.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 651

Have deleted desktop software utnil I can see some sense as the previously linked folders on my desktop are in the cloud but it is not asking me to set them up again so I will end up syncing 52gb again.........I hate technology upgrades....

0 Ratings
dhogarth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 651

I can't make it out at all, having doine the upgrade this morning. When I try to run the application I just get a Windows Explorer view with a BT Cloud folder (Not the previous BT Cloud Sync). I'm currenly receiving a load of messages telling me that BT Cloud Smart Folders are being created but they are not folders I have requested, so I have no idea what's going on, or how I can view what I actually have in the Cloud.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 651

and on my iphone it has se-synced things that are already backed up and its very angry that I won't let it back up 'my contacts'. Oh yeah BT of course you want access to my address book, no chance, bog off.

0 Ratings