cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
22pilgrim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

Since the update, I am missing quite a few folders and 1000's  of photos. I just use the BT cloud app on an iPad. All get uploaded direct from the iPad to the cloud.

i have found most of the folders via all files/BT cloud/web. Most folders are there but not all.

plus I have vision problems, so cannot see what the tiny thumbnails are anyway.

this update has completely rendered BT cloud unusable for me.

0 Ratings
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 651

I have an issue with the latest update.

A folder that was previously backing up fine is (since teh latest update) giving this message:

Capture2.JPG

while my cloud usage still has space:

Capture1.JPG

Is there now a maximum folder size that can be synced?

I would also note that the contents of the folder in question (or any others that I am backing up) have not been increased.

Capture3.JPG

I also miss the desktop app that allowed you to see the cloud storrage - can i reinstall porevious version to get that back and to solve sync issue?

0 Ratings
nately
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 651

I've looked at what I've now got as a result of this update and my heart sinks.  I appear to be using 3 times the space that I was before and I can see that some files are duplicated, probably triplicated.  It's difficult to see exactly what state the files are in as there's insufficient data about each file such as size etc.  Not all files appear to be there but you have explained why that might be.  I really can't face the many many hours of deleting duplicated items, so would it work if I deleted the whole of Cloud and reinstalled it?

By the way, features such as sorting and adding folders to back up do not appear to work in Edge, although they do work in Chrome.

0 Ratings
PJ_Maybe
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 651

@PJ_Maybe Given up, deleted 50Gb of sync in BT Cloud and started resyncing again. Joy, I hate IT people.

0 Ratings
randsa66
Beginner
Message 36 of 651

Re: BT Cloud v15.2.8.15 not working

I had folder containing 50GB of photos backed-up. Upgraded & it now tells me I'm using 0% of my storage. So it appears all those backups went in the bin. I'll be sticking to Google Drive.

0 Ratings
Uppy
Contributor
Message 37 of 651

Re: BT Cloud v15.2.8.15 not working

I had backed up 30gb of photos from my PC. The new updated App tells me I've not got any backup folders, and none of the photos are available. Nice one BT!

Tried to set up a new backup and it won't let you choose a folder which backs up all sub-folders (eg my photos). You have to setup each lowest level folder individually, which is a non- starter for me as I have 100's of sub-folders.

IOS is equally bad. Updated App has also lost all my previous backups, although on a phone which I have not updated, the old version of the App is still showing all 30gb of my PC photo backups. So they have clearly not been trashed, but are not visible from the new 'improved' version.

Looks like another completely untested release from BT. Back to Dropbox for me.....
0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 38 of 651

BT CLOUD - LATEST UPDATE HAS DELETED OVER 10 GIG OF MY BACKUPS.

What on earth is going on at BT wIth regards to BT Cloud - I mean its always been flaky at best but this is ridiculous.

I woke this morning to find the latest update of BT Cloud (which you cannot opt out of incidentally) has deleted everything I had backed up and decided instead to sync only the folders that IT thinks are relevant.

So I've lost my backups of 4.2 GB of work documents, and 8 GB of music - my entire MP3 Collection.

And BT advertise Cloud as the mainstay of their service offering a "free" 100GB secure backup facility.

Final straw for me this one sorry BT but I'll be cancelling my contract - AND writing to the Press about this joke you call a backup service.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 39 of 651

Its just a joke isnt it - I lost everything that was not in a "My Documents" folder on My PC - so all my Work files and my entire MP3 collection vanished into the empty space that is BTs technical brain overnight.

If any other company suddenly lost their costomers backups it would be all over the news. But BT slime their way out of it by saying "its a free service" what do you expect.

Oddly BT I still expect it to chuffing work......

0 Ratings
patters_uk
Contributor
Message 40 of 651

BT Cloud and Excessive Data Usage despite setting backup as wifi only

Yesterday afernoon I installed BT Cloud on my Android device whilst at home and connected to my BT wifi. I set it up to backup over wifi only and left it to run. I went out of the house, with the phone, for about 2 hours before returning home and obvioulsy re-connecting to wifi once again.

This morning I has stunned to find a notification that I had comsumed all of my 500MB allowianc and exceeded it by 70MB. I  usually use about 100MB of my monthly allowance. This has to be related to the new cloud app install and presume the "wifi" only option simply doesn't work. 

Whilst I also use dropbox and Google photos I can see that there have been no new photo uploads during that time period for those apps so it's not as if they are somehow re-syncing files downloaded by BT Cloud. Besides which BT Cloud should not be downloading anything significant as it's whole purpose is to securely backup items from my phone. 

What can I do about this ?

Denis