cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sks2015
Beginner
Message 51 of 651

BT Cloud app could not download licence terms

Trying to start the BT Cloud app on Android mobile and tablet but just get a panel stating: "Could not download the licence terms. Makesure that you are connected to the Internet. " and a "Try Again" button.

However I am connected - through my home BT broadband. It really looks as if the web page is just not there ?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 52 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

I've just deleted my backups as the new Uploader was stuck saying I had one more file to upload, so I deleted them all and the back up folders and started from scratch. I've uploaded 22Gb of videos, it hasn't registered my remaining allowance and when I go to the cloud it says nothing has been backed up! Yet the Uploader shows them all backed up. WTF!!
0 Ratings
robgoingcrazy
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 651

Re: BT Cloud and Excessive Data Usage despite setting backup as wifi only

Gosh it's awful.

I finally figured out I had to access my files via a browser, but there are so many folders it's a mess.  I usually just use the cloud to back up encrypted 7zip files of work documents, on the old version there was a convenient "Other" option listed which would show all these, now I have to dig through numerous folders.

I don't want to sync folders - I don't really trust clouds, my data is backed up on multiple local devices in different locations (home and office), the cloud is just an added extra.

All I want to do is zip work up an upload one file manually each day, not rely on "clever" software messing up syncing from multiple devices, which always happens in my experience.  The old BT cloud app would never work on my Android Phone, maybe I'll try the new one as it would be useful to back up photos from the phone on the go (though I always make a USB backup to a computer weekly as welll)

I've completely uninstalled the cloud software from Windows, and will just use the browser version, it's not that bad once you get used to it and removed some of the clutter, at least, and there are folder management options which I've used to move all the old stuff into an archive folder, and can now just use it as I need.

Sorry to hear people may have lost data - a reminder to keep multiple backups, don't put "irreplaceable" digital data in one place, as something can always go wrong - keep at least 2 offline backups (portable hard drives aren't expensive) and even 2 or 3 clouds for really important stuf (Google drive, Amazon, etc).

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 54 of 651

@peter7769 Tried what you did but have no trust have stopped for now and will wait and see how things progress. I have no confidence in the software for now

@robgoingcrazy I only use Cloud as out of house back up to the 3 in house back ups I have of photos. Ultimate back up of 'house burns down' scenario! Can't get it to sync the desktop folders I need to so for now deleting and will wait till the numpty IT guys at BT get it wokring again.

0 Ratings
McSykes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 651

Does anyone have an update from calling BT IT?

Seems they've done an ostrich & stuck their head in the sand!

Been trawling the Web looking for a resolution,can't cope with a call offshore now!

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 651

@McSykes With you on ringing the contact centre, havent got the energy. I did tweet BT care and they said their were no known issues, I sent them a link to here and suggested they read their own website....

If anyone who posts here is on Linkedin then post some stuff there, shame them into a resolution. How can the private sector trust them with cloud if they cant get household software to work?

0 Ratings
Venner
Contributor
Message 57 of 651

Now the "new improved" BT Cloud app is assaulting one of my phones. For the last 20 minutes it has been "performing a quick scan".

Thankfully I placed no reliance on BT cloud as a reliable backup platform. This upgrade really is **bleep**e

Message 58 of 651

Hi all,

We notice a number of you have posted to let us know that not all of your files are available straight away when you log into the new BT Cloud service, and that for some of you it’s taking a long time for them (several hours) to appear. This is sometimes leading to your computer re-uploading content that has been uploaded previously. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience – this is a problem we’re aware of, and our engineers our working on it.

As some reassurance to our users:

• None of your data is missing. It’s just taking a little extra time to process and appear in the new service. We’re doing everything we can to speed up this time.
  • If you do end up uploading the same thing twice, you won’t end up with duplicate copies. Our system will realise it’s the same file, and will just give you one.
  • The use of BT Cloud does not contribute to your BT broadband monthly download allowance if you have one. So if you’re on a limited broadband plan, you won’t be charged for the data being used by BT cloud.

With regards to the other issues that have been highlighted here the Cloud team would like to look into this further and have requested the below users to send over their BT account information to help with their investigations and I have made the contact the mods link visible so you can forward us over this information.  You can find the link by clicking on my username .

@doleawg

@jonmanley

@peter7769

@renzz

@DeborahMabbett

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 59 of 651

I have also made the link visible to the following users to send over your details

@22pilgrim

@nately

@randsa66

@Uppy 

@23prince

@Venner

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Venner
Contributor
Message 60 of 651

This is a nice one - refusing to open a .txt file, because it's not a PDF:

PDF.js v1.0.907 (build: e9072ac)

0 Ratings