Did you mean: 
23prince
Contributor
Message 151 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

@michaelkenward wrote:

Been there too, but I also see a fleeting popup:

BTCloudlogin.jpg

I have, of course, already logged in to MyBT.

Maybe the popup means something else.

Did anyone beta test this "update"?

I get nothing on mobile apps, I get please login to mybt popup on iOS, a load of URL information on Android and I get THAT message above when I use the PC/MAC and web portal 

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 152 of 651

@doleawg wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

@doleawg wrote:

Why won't anyone from BT come on here and explain themselves?

For that to happen the BT folk have to know what is going on. Most unlikely.

I have now tried three different PCs with no success.

I'm getting somewhere only by stripping out the old software (used advanced unistaller pro, free, someone here recommended) and then stripped out BT Cloud and started from scratch. Only 10Gb to go, if this doens't work then I will go buy dropbox, box or google service.

+ 1 for Google Drive. 

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 153 of 651

@michaelkenward wrote:

@doleawg wrote:

I'm getting somewhere only by stripping out the old software (used advanced unistaller pro, free, someone here recommended) ....

I am always reluctant to use these tools. I abandoned Revo Uninstaller because professional programmers I respect consider them to be the devil's plaything.

I have 1TB of space on OneDrive. (A subscription to Microsoft Office 365 costs a lot less than BT would charge for the space alone.) So I am not that fussed about BT Cloud. But it would be nice to be able to get at the stuff I do use.

As it is, even before the "update" BT was incapable of giving me simultaneous access to the two different sets of cloud space I have from my two different Infinity accounts.

Anything out of the ordinary is clearly beyond the skills of the script kiddies that BT hires.

£9,99 for 500GB I am told when I log in. 

I had office 365 but I found onedrive to be slow and clunky. I upload via Chrome to google and have no issues. Also when I leave BT I wont have to download it all as BT only do it with broadband. 

It's odd. they will charge a broadband customer £9,99 for 500GB but won't allow a non broadband customer to get the same - and before  this **bleep** up I would happily had done so if I was not on BT already

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 154 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Totally agree. Talk about making a reasonable product into a complete disaster, this is it. My IPad tells me I have 80gb. The curious desktop app says 63gb. The so called desktop app is an executable file you have to run every time as it loads into my Download file. The executable fails at least 50% of the time. How do you delete a file ? Why have files I deleted in the past not really gone ? Why on earth would I want to sync files on machines I previously took out of BT Cloud ? There is little that in commissioning this software and then unleashing on customers BT have done themselves few favours. It is patently clear that the system had very little if any testing before forcing it on us. My first experience of this so called desktop app had it uploading something for over 6 hours before I could even access the web app. Unless this product changes drastically to something usable I will be taking my data out of the 500gb useless allocation. Oh and also we cannot use email any longer to send links to friends and family.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 155 of 651

@doleawg wrote:

I think you are being unfiar on script kiddies, they would do better than this!

Yes, sorry about that. My apologies to all script kiddies for that slur on your programming skills.

0 Ratings
bluegrunty
Beginner
Message 156 of 651

had a email saying great news free upgrade icloud ect ect. cannot understand this new bt icloud.but ever since,this up grade my internet has dropped so much,one day i would get all day free with out the dreaded orange light flashing. some days seems every hour or half an hour..

went on that bt chat chatted to some one,saying nothing wrong with there end,after a bit of a hue har.she said she would reconect her end will take 4 hours to right its self..worked fine for a few days ,now it keeps losing..had some one ring friday.said he would get an engerner to ring sat afternoon to sort it.said he could find no fault,would send email if problem happens again.to send a text.so i did this morning.got me to switch all off mobiles route phone ect.. plug all in /on,he said all working well up up the freqency. oh it worked .ok ..then this afternoon.it started again. so sent another text someone else rang.i lost me temper said it worked fine till this upgrade.email bt sent.just wonder if anyone else had this problem as regards to bt icloud.what a load of rubbish.i made a folder for family,and added one then another only for first pic to disaper and just the new 2nd pic sitting there.

any help on these matters.oh yes why do i end up with 4 of same pictures.only have i phone connected to icloud.

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
graystreet
Contributor
Message 157 of 651

Perhaps the customers requesting these changes are Sky Employees... Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 158 of 651

@bluegrunty wrote:

...ever since,this up grade my internet has dropped so much,one day i would get all day free with out the dreaded orange light flashing. some days seems every hour or half an hour.

The changes to BT Cloud have caused chaos for a lot of us, but I can't see them doing anything to make an internet connection fall over.

I suspect a coincidence.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 159 of 651

@michaelkenward wrote:

@bluegrunty wrote:

...ever since,this up grade my internet has dropped so much,one day i would get all day free with out the dreaded orange light flashing. some days seems every hour or half an hour.

The changes to BT Cloud have caused chaos for a lot of us, but I can't see them doing anything to make an internet connection fall over.

I suspect a coincidence.

+1 Coincidence 

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 160 of 651

My link tells me to go to https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/vault when I hover over it.

I was not even able to log in to the desktop app. I am told it's being looked into but I am not really bohered ill stick to Google. 

Just a shame that it says all my login details are wrong. Yet they are fine when I have to log in and pay a bill.. how bizarre! 

0 Ratings