Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
23prince
Contributor
Message 181 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

Thanks

Not sure what my BTID is? MY login? Also do I just reply to the e-mail? 

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 182 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

Question for the mods are you BT staff or volunteers?

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 183 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

@DavidM
So far so good, but I'm still uploading, another 3000 files to go. I will post back when all is complete, with the results.

Thanks.
0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 184 of 651

@peter7769 wrote:
@DavidM
So far so good, but I'm still uploading, another 3000 files to go. I will post back when all is complete, with the results.

Thanks.

Shall be interested to hear, for others it gets very exciting then the dashboard flips between, complete, 4,3,21 files left to transfer constantly. On that basis you can't trust it and turn it off. 60GB wasted.

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 185 of 651

@doleawg yeah I'm crossing my fingers, but at the end of the day it's not waisting any allowance, only time leaving the pc switched on.
SteveKJ
Beginner
Message 186 of 651

HI David, it's Windows Explorer I'm having the problems with, with the Cloud app running if i right click any of my folders irrespective of whether they are set up to backup to the cloud or not I get an error message  with a pop up offering Ignore or Abort, whichever one I choose it closes Explorer down. The PC is set up with Classic Shell so I'm seeing the folder structure in the traditional view.

Looking at my backed up files on the web view is fine I can log in and see all the files I have backed up. This is why I have uninstalled the  software from my PC as I'm dubious about a programme that integrates itself into my Windows system then messes it up. I also suspect it isn't uninstalled completely as when I ran the cloud update from the prompt I got an updating windows message with about 16 updates when I uninstalled it the windows update message was only for 7 however as everything appears to be back to normal and I'm no PC expert I'm leaving it alone till I'm confident that I can reinstall cloud and it will work OK, Thanks.

0 Ratings
arnie53
Message 187 of 651

Have just installed btcloud update now when I try to sign in I get "System Error". What can I do to correct this?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 188 of 651

It is 100% definitly screwed and here is your proof...

I have deleted everything from cloud and resynch fresh

I am finished but the transfer screen on the desktop tells me I have 4,3,2,1 and completed flashing constantly

On my own desktop the green symbol has appeared by the folders. Several folders are showing not synced and within those folders I can see the files that are not 'synced.

When I go into the BTCoud and check for the files not synced they are in the cloud.

To borrow the American military phrase. This software is FUBAR and cannot be trusted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Uppy
Contributor
Message 189 of 651

Thought I'd stop the new BT Cloud App from starting up until such time as the issues get sorted, but couldn't find what is actuallly starting it up in the first place.

I looked in menu / startup - but that just contined the old BT Cloud App

I then tried msconfig / startup, but couldn't see anything relating to BT Cloud

Is there another way that Apps can be started up automatically?

How do I stop it starting up by default (without uninstalling it)?

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 190 of 651

That's strange as my bt cloud app has options to stop it starting up when the pc starts?
0 Ratings