cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 191 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

@Uppy wrote:

Thought I'd stop the new BT Cloud App from starting up until such time as the issues get sorted, but couldn't find what is actuallly starting it up in the first place.

I looked in menu / startup - but that just contined the old BT Cloud App

I then tried msconfig / startup, but couldn't see anything relating to BT Cloud

Is there another way that Apps can be started up automatically?

How do I stop it starting up by default (without uninstalling it)?

Windows 7 onwards:

Right click at bottom RHS of screen, next to notification icons, in a blank area.

Open task manager from where you can access startup programs.

Disable BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 192 of 651

You should also be able to get at Task Manager from the Taskbar. Bigger target to aim for than the notification area.

@Ribblelancs wrote:

Right click at bottom RHS of screen, next to notification icons, in a blank area.

Disable BT Cloud.

Doesn't work if BT Cloud does not work in the first place.

Task manager shows BT Cloud in start up. I disabled that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 193 of 651

michaelkenward wrote:

You should also be able to get at Task Manager from the Taskbar. Bigger target to aim for than the notification area.

Ribblelancs wrote:

Disable BT Cloud.

Doesn't work if BT Cloud does not work in the first place.

Task manager shows BT Cloud in start up. I disabled that.

I'll look the next time I start the Windows(10) laptop.

You can also disable services related to BT Cloud.

All I do is log out on all devices after each use. Presumably that bit still works, even if all else has failed.

With Cloud disabled at startup, then the desktop icon is still there and active, for when you need it.

0 Ratings
Uppy
Contributor
Message 194 of 651

I'm running WIndows 7.  Task Manager shows me current applications, processes, services, performance, network, and users.  So I can kill apps, processes and services that are already running - but I can't see any options to enable / disable startup tasks?

Looks like it may be Windows 8 onwards that has a startup tab in task manager.

0 Ratings
McSykes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 195 of 651

My vista version,that worked,still isn't working.

Windows phone version is pants. 

Nothing has synced with android version.

Why would anyone think it acceptable to delete files from the cloud to get something to work?

This update is a steaming pile & the person responsible ,exited from the company. 

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 196 of 651

I have now disabled it FOUR times in MSCONFIG to try and stop it autorunning on startup - but it seems every time I load the BT CLOUD app manually it resets itself up as a startup item...and there seems to be no way of stopping it doing that.

Are you serious..

0 Ratings
jeannius
Beginner
Message 197 of 651

BTCloud.exe problems since 10th August 2016 update

Having just upgraded to BT Infinity on 8th August I set up BT Cloud for the first time and backed-up 56Gb of stuff. All was well and I was very pleased until 10th August. Then an updated version of BTCloud was released , my backed-up files 'disappeared' and BTCloud.exe has been running at around 15-20% cpu (4 core processor) ever since ( except when it crashes!).

My files did finally reappear on the Cloud but the flat-out cpu still continues. Can't remember the last time I saw an 'upgrade' that is such a downgrade!!!

What's the solution??????

Mike

0 Ratings
jeannius
Beginner
Message 198 of 651

Re: BTCloud.exe problems since 10th August 2016 update

P.S. to the above... Running Windows 10.
0 Ratings
jeannius
Beginner
Message 199 of 651

p.p.s. also should have mentioned that it is also saying 'backup in progress' which it clearly isn't as there is almost zero network and disk activity.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
graystreet
Contributor
Message 200 of 651

Sadly there doesn't seem to be much you can do, BT seem reluctant to accept there's a problem with it from reading the lack of response from the mods on this forum. Although, to be fair to them, I suspect they're limited in what they can say given that they work for BT.

I'm assuming that you've read the multitude of the threads on the forum from people with problems identical to yours, I had the same problem until I removed the app and started to use Onedrive to do what I wanted to.

The "improved" Android app is equally unfit for purpose. I left a scathing review of it but the BT people only seem to reply to the very few people praising it.

I really hope BT do get this sorted out as, whilst it wasn't perfect before, it was a **bleep** sight more useful that it is now.

0 Ratings