cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 231 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

@23prince wrote:
I just called BT Mobile on another issue and was basically lied to by the first person I spoke to...

Calling someone a liar always makes me wonder about the name caller.

Maybe they don't know the correct answer.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 232 of 651

doleawg wrote:#
People have this perception of BT as one big company while in reality it is made up of a huge amount of different parts who don't talk to each other.

I doubt if anyone with any knowledge of the system believes that BT is one big company. After all, that is what the whole OpenReach broadband thing is about. 

@doleawg wrote:

Now over a week and no update or answers from anyone? When it comes to cloud back up you have to have 100% trust in your provider be it personal or professional use. This solution fails that test miserably

Oh so true.

Especially the "cloud" bit. If it isn't reliable then it isn't worth bothering about.

Come on BT, answer some questions:

• when will we get fixes?
  • where are those missing files?
  • how do we get past the endless cycle that keeps us out of BT Cloud?
  • who is behind the disaster?
  • why has there been no BT update to the first announcement of the change? (BT Cloud Update - BTCare Community Forums)
  • why close that discussion?
  • where is there a page with the answers to these questions?

philH1
Message 233 of 651

I had to reload BT Cloud having cleaned up the pc. The new version does not give me a summary of devices and seems to want to reload again, despite showing my current usage... Any one got suggestions?

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 234 of 651

@michaelkenward wrote:

@23prince wrote:
I just called BT Mobile on another issue and was basically lied to by the first person I spoke to...

Calling someone a liar always makes me wonder about the name caller.

Maybe they don't know the correct answer.

Getting a view wrong on when you were not privvy to anything make me wonder about the wrong person.

"Yes I have your PAC code here would you like it?  ( I declined as I had no way to do this) No problem I will send it out by SMS and E-mail, have a nice day"

"Sorry sir the PAC has not been generated and you'll need to call back after 24 hours so we can generate a new one, the system is not letting me generate anything due to an error"

So was the first person NOT a liar!? No notes on the account - NO confirmation this PAC code exists, nothing - you tell me. 

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 235 of 651

Email sort of works. There is a selection called Public Link which is gernerated by BT Cloud and then places the link in your clipboard which you then paste when you go into email, a retrograde step from what we used to do. The link wont paste a folder, or at least I failed, you seem to have to select all items in a folder and then generate a link. On getting the link it does not seem to sequentially run the pictures like the old one used to. Am still testing but have concluded using Picasa is much quicker.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
nekranox
Message 236 of 651

BT Cloud crashing

Since the new update, BT Cloud now crashes shortly after startup. If I try to relaunch the program then it crashes again shortly after opening. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

I can see I'm not the only one have major issues. When will this be resolved? I'm really disappointed by all of this. Cloud Storage is a critical system and BT should know a thing or two about running critical systems 😞

Tags (1)
23prince
Contributor
Message 237 of 651

Using anything Google is better Drive included!

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 238 of 651

I agree that Google drive is good, I pay for extra storage, but Google photos is horrible, I hate the way it won't let you upload your neatly organised folders, but instead wants to organise your photos the way Google wants them.
0 Ratings
Message 239 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

I have the same problem and several others!  Does anyone from BT monitor this forum and, if they do, can they please explain what BT has done with its Cloud service.  I had previously uploaded several thousand photos and videos (I have 500GB of cloud storage) and had arranged them into "Collections" using the old interface.  These have NOT been carried across and I also note that I now have 2 folders on my hard disk (in the "Users->Username" area), one called "BT Cloud Sync", which is the old version, and the other called "BT Cloud", which has a "Web" folder in it which seems to be the equivalent of the "Synch" folder.  As a result, I now have TWO copies of every file I have uploaded on my hard disk, one in each of these folders; why?

I cannot easily arrange my photos into the new "albums" as I can only select them one at a time and, despite having a 70+mbps broadband connection it takes 3 to 4 seconds for each selection to be accepted with tick appearing in the photo.  When I tried to do this from an iPad, selection was quicker but, having selected several tens of photos and tried to add them to an album I would either get "Error - could not create album" or "xx photos successfully added", only they weren't!  Trying to do this using the web browser (via a Windows 10 PC), I can laboriously select photos and add them but, after 10 or so minutes, I get a message saying my session has timed out and I need to log in again - despite having never left the browser!  I have called BT's helpile 3 times and each time been told that they are having some problems and I need to wait for 2 days and everything will be fine.  I have waited 6 days and it is still not fine; it is unuseable!

Overall, this "upgrade" is an unmitigated disaster and whoever BT paid to write the software should be sacked and probably sued for failing to do the job properly!  The old interface wasn't brilliant but at least it worked and I didn't have to use the web browser to see my files and arrange them into collections/albums; I could do it through the App.  Now, all the "dashboard" does is give me data and stats.  BT must stop this roll-out, re-enable the previous version and then start again.

0 Ratings
Message 240 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

This is my second post in reply; spent 15 mins listing all the issues I am having with the new "upgrade", got a message syaing I had successfully "posted" it - and it hasn't appeared!

0 Ratings