cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 241 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

C'mon Mods....Still nothing?

Its so easy, just release back the software that worked?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 242 of 651

@doleawg wrote:

Seem to remember that there were just as many "adverse" or "critical" comments on the previous software.

Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 243 of 651

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@doleawg wrote:

Seem to remember that there were just as many "adverse" or "critical" comments on the previous software.

Smiley LOL

Seen nothing here, many have asked for the reversal? The version that was upgraded did actually work.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 244 of 651

@doleawg wrote:

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@doleawg wrote:

Smiley LOL

Seen nothing here, many have asked for the reversal? The version that was upgraded did actually work.

It does appear to work. I use it mainly for synching weather station data logging files, of which there are 7 years of records. These also go to One Drive. Perhaps more demanding use is showing up some problems.

I also backup critical data on BluRay. No doubt that will be extinct in a few years from now.

However - good news is that there are no problems after installing  Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

One less variable to worry about.

I did a manual upate for Windows 10 yesterday.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 245 of 651

@doleawg wrote:

I fear that there is more to it than the software. They have shovelled files over to a completely different system.

I suspect that software and system are tied together.

Does anyone know anything about the company that seems to be behind this service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
iscorrer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 246 of 651

So let me get this right.

I have over 500gb of photos and files synced from my PC to the old BT Cloud.

And new because this new and even worse software say that NONE of my files are currently being backed up I'm going to have to do all 500 GB of upload again?

And when I get warnings that I'm going my limiit I'm going to have to manage the old backups myself?

First off I'm an application developer so I know my stuff. You obviously HAVE NOT done anything by way of informing your customers to the impact this new software causes to existing backups.

Shame on you BT for such a massive disaster.

0 Ratings
Message 247 of 651

I have the same problems as several others!  Does anyone from BT monitor this forum and, if they do, can they please explain what BT has done with its Cloud service.  I had previously uploaded several thousand photos and videos (I have 500GB of cloud storage) and had arranged them into "Collections" using the old interface.  These have NOT been carried across and I also note that I now have 2 folders on my hard disk (in the "Users->Username" area), one called "BT Cloud Sync", which is the old version, and the other called "BT Cloud", which has a "Web" folder in it and which seems to be the equivalent of the "Synch" folder.  As a result, I now have TWO copies of every file I have uploaded on my hard disk, one in each of these folders; why?

I cannot easily arrange my photos into the new "albums" as I can only select them one at a time and, despite having a 70+mbps broadband connection it takes 3 to 4 seconds for each selection to be accepted with tick appearing in the photo.  When I tried to do this from an iPad, selection was quicker but, having selected several tens of photos and tried to add them to an album I would either get "Error - could not create album" or "xx photos successfully added", only they weren't!  As an aside, the login page on the iPad doesn’t auto-rotate so I keep having to switch back to portrait mode before returning to landscape; trivial but irritating! Trying to select photos using the web browser (via a Windows 10 PC), I can select them laboriously and add them to albums but, after 10 or so minutes, I get a message saying my session has timed out and I need to log in again - despite having never left the browser!  Every time I boot up my PC I get asked to install the BT Cloud app, despite having the latest version installed (15.2.8.15). I have called BT's helpline 3 times and each time been told that they are having some problems and I need to wait for 2 days and everything will be fine.  I have waited 6 days and it is still not fine; it is unusable!

Overall, this "upgrade" is an unmitigated disaster and whoever BT paid to write the software should be sacked and probably sued for failing to do the job properly!  The old interface wasn't brilliant but at least it worked and I didn't have to use the web browser to see my files and arrange them into collections/albums; I could do it through the App.  Now, all the "dashboard" does is give me data and stats.  BT must stop this roll-out, re-enable the previous version and then start again.

0 Ratings
dbcox
Message 248 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

Under Manage your BTCloud I see a line telling me that I am using less than 5% of my storage limit. Under that there is panel offering to increase my BT Cloud storage (!). Next is a panel showing me the features of the BT Cloud app. Then two panels to download the app and to launch the desktop client. Under these is a graph showing my BT Cloud usage.

In Control Panel, there are two BT Cloud Apps one showing BT Cloud as the publisher with a date of 15/08/2016 version 15.2.8.15 and the other with publisher F-Secure and date 23/07/2016.

It looks like I should uninstall the older version.

0 Ratings
JaneR1
Beginner
Message 249 of 651

I am having similar problems. I already have more than 100 Gb uploaded to BT Cloud using the old version and my main e-mail address (which I can no longer manipulate - empty Trash, etc) but I seem to have installed the new version of BT Cloud using my subsidiary e-mail address and asked it to Backup and Sync and it has (very slowly) uploaded more than 31 Gb of files. But when I try to stop it from Synching I receive the message "Unselected files will be removed from this computer. These folders will remain in your BT Cloud and can still be accessed from the web, mobile and other computers. Important: If there are any files in these folders that haven't yet uploaded to BT Cloud then these will be lost." This is ridiculous and I wish I had never signed up to BT Cloud. My important files are already backed up on external hard drives and I am only using BT Cloud as another means of backing them up but can manage without it. Is it possible to uninstall or otherwise get rid of the new version of BT Cloud without losing folders from my computer?  If necessary, I should be happy also to uninstall the original version of BT Cloud if this can be done without losing folders from my computer. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 250 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

@dbcox wrote:

Under Manage your BTCloud I see a line telling me that I am using less than 5% of my storage limit. Under that there is panel offering to increase my BT Cloud storage (!). Next is a panel showing me the features of the BT Cloud app. Then two panels to download the app and to launch the desktop client. Under these is a graph showing my BT Cloud usage.

In Control Panel, there are two BT Cloud Apps one showing BT Cloud as the publisher with a date of 15/08/2016 version 15.2.8.15 and the other with publisher F-Secure and date 23/07/2016.

It looks like I should uninstall the older version.

First delete the old shortcut on your desktop icon.

Then go to programs in your start menu, and open up the newer version of BT Cloud,

I assume that your are using Windows??

You can create a new icon on desktop for the newer version of BT cloud., and if it works, then uninstall the older version.

Create a system restore point first, before uninstalling anything, though,

0 Ratings