cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosefarm
Message 301 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Agree the new software is terrible it is making my computer really slow and was told by BT Cloud it was my computer not thenew software.  Removed BT cloud and now computer is really fast

What have they done - it worked so well before

0 Ratings
Rosefarm
Message 302 of 651

Bt Cloud and outlook

It appears that thenew version of BT CLoud will not let you backup outlook .pst files,  The backup folder just says this file cannot be processed and keeps on trying taking up processing space and bandwidth

Is this correct?  If so what does anyone suggest I do with my outlook files I need backing up.?

0 Ratings
graystreet
Contributor
Message 303 of 651

Re: Bt Cloud and outlook

Are you able to zip them up and then  upload them?

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 304 of 651

I am in the process of removing data, for guidance files are moved into Trash at about the rate of 100 pictures per minute, pictures range from 2-3 mb each. I reckon to delete IE, move to Trash for 30,000 pegs will take around 4 hours.

0 Ratings
Pan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 305 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

I forgot to say that I too have that stupid BT Clout pop-up window with a grey 'fill' bar that is partly filled in pink to show usage.

Although the 'Sync Status:' below the 'fill' line says 'All files in sync', the 'Backup Status:' line below that states 'Backup Pending' but a second later momentarily flashes up the message 'Backup In Progress' but immediately reverts back to 'Backup Pending'. This has been going on non-stop for days now.

No logic, rhyme or reason that I can see for all this grief. BT Cloud was OK before they broke it. No 'joined-up-thinking' going on at BT as usual. What is the point of upgrading to something that is worse?
0 Ratings
Pan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 306 of 651

I just fired off an email to Daniel Ives, SVP, Finance and Corporate Development at Synchronoss telling them how unhappy BT customers are with the new software / interface and included a link this forum in the hope that if the cloud service company BT have switched to know exactly what customers think of it, then maybe they (Synchronoss) may do something about seeing their name being dragged through the sh*t.

If we all fired off emails to Synchronoss maybe things will get done a bit faster and better!

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 307 of 651

@Pan wrote:

I just fired off an email to Daniel Ives, SVP, Finance and Corporate Development at Synchronoss telling them how unhappy BT customers are with the new software / interface and included a link this forum in the hope that if the cloud service company BT have switched to know exactly what customers think of it, then maybe they (Synchronoss) may do something about seeing their name being dragged through the sh*t.

If we all fired off emails to Synchronoss maybe things will get done a bit faster and better!

I had already mailed them at the weekend but more the merrier. Also if anyone here is on linkedin publicise it there, business world whoud also be interested in how BT treat the public as how can they trust them and cloud?

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 308 of 651

@doleawg wrote:
Also if anyone here is on linkedin publicise it there...

Last week I lobbed it into the Linkedin group frequented by tech journalists and PR people.

It might also be worth using https://twitter.com/Synchronoss@, @Synchronoss

As you say, the more the merrier.

@I would add @BTCloudApps, but that hasn't said anything for 2371 days, which perhaps tells us something about BT's activity on that front.

There is some activity tagged #BTCloud.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 309 of 651

Further to my update it seems the deletion process has stuck at 11271 files in my case I have just hit Empty Trash so no doubt that will take another 2 1/2 hours to process. So the process in just removing data from BT Cloud seems quite elongated as well.
0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 310 of 651

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi Guys,

A small number of customers have told us that they are experiencing problems with the updated version of BT Cloud and we are sorry about this. We are working to resolve these and will update as soon as possible.

Some customers have asked if they can access the old web browser version of BT Cloud and this is available for downloading of files at https://btcloud.bt.com/web/static/oldweb/index.html

Thanks

PaddyB

@PaddyB When I go to the old site I see everything there prior to the downupgrade but if I try do anything I just get this message. It won't allow me do anything there.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings