cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 341 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Despite numerous actions I cannot delected the 39gb the old Cloud says I have but the new Cloud doesn't.

giving up, almost deleted nearly everything I can, then goodbye BT Cloud.

Photos I wish to distribute I use Google Photos now.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 342 of 651

@doleawg wrote:

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi guys,

We’re really sorry that a small number of customers are still experiencing problems with BT Cloud. For customers who are experiencing app issues on the Desktop app, we are due to release a new update to this by the middle of next week which should resolve the issue you’re experiencing. For all other issues, we’re still working on fixing these.

Some customers have asked if they can access the old web browser version of BT Cloud and this is available for downloading of files at https://btcloud.bt.com/web/static/oldweb/index.html

Cheers,

Robbie

@RobbieMac How do I delete everything showing in the 'old cloud' If I try to do anything in there it won't let me delete?

Any mod care to answer this question, asked twice now and been ignored twice which mes nervous as to the answer i.e. I cab't get at my data....

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 343 of 651

I agree - the Mod / BT response on here has been appalling - they are talking to us like we are a troublesome minority and trying to make out there is essentially nothing wrong with this New BT Cloud "App".

The fact that you CANNOT actually stop it loading at startup seems to not be a problem - I have never come across any third party software that sticks itself back into your startup items after you manually removed it.

At the request of @PaddyB I sent all my details through on the 16th via message. Thats 10 days ago - I have had no reply. Way to go mate great service - and I thought it was only the Overseas help desk that were useless.

Its not a small minority of customers who are experiencing problems mate - its a lot of us - and I have also discovered that when the app HANGS on startup - which it inevitably does for 15 mins minimum - sometimes for eternity - it also stops my Trend Micro antivirus starting up - and in the end Trend Micro NEVER gets initiated - leaving my PC unprotected.

I am guessing disabling your antivirus is another "feature" of BT Cloud then.

@RobbieMac  Do you think you could tell us what the new release in the middle of next week is actually going to fix - will it give users the option to NOT have BT cloud auto start when you start windows ?

0 Ratings
Venner
Contributor
Message 344 of 651

Could one of the mods please get an answer to one simple question from the developers?

The question being, "When will there be a functioning app for Windows phone?"

Thank you

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 345 of 651

@AR_Help wrote:

The fact that you CANNOT actually stop it loading at startup seems to not be a problem - I have never come across any third party software that sticks itself back into your startup items after you manually removed it.

You should be able to prevent the startup within windows.

Get Windows Task Manager to show startup items.

Disable BT Cloud

Sorry, I'm on Windows 10 and can't remember the detailed steps for older versions of Windows.

The rest of your message is spot on.

The reference to "a few" users with problems backs up your talk of "a troublesome minority". A few customers don't create an ongoing discussion like this with new people joining in every day.

When it comes to " the Mod / BT response on here", my problem is that there has been no response. Not one answer that I can recall to the many issues posted here and in other, smaller discussions.

For example, it is near on two weeks since I reported that I get locked into a never ending circle when I try to get into the cloud. No answer at all beyond the "Contact the mods" mantra. Been there, done that, no reply.

Highlighted
Uppy
Contributor
Message 346 of 651

So two weeks on, and despite mods asking for individual to log their issues, there seems to be absolutley no response, either from the BT Cloud team, or the mods.  I suppose in reality BT is just not interested in providing a useable service, as long as they can make bold offers in their marketing to help win market share.  If anything it is in BT's interest to make the service unusable, as preumably they then pay for less storage capacity.

There are about 25m households in the UK, and BT has ~30% market share of fixed line broadband - so around 7.5 million customers.  This thread has perhaps 150 individual contributors, which represents about 0.002% of their total market share.  I think this shows why there is no interest in resolving these issues.  Do they care if they lose 150 customers? - I think not.  Do most customers even use BT Cloud? - probably not.  So I for one am not expecting any resolution to the issues raised here anytime soon, if at all.

I'll file this experience under 'nothing will happen', along with the planned migration off of Yahoo Mail which was promised two years ago, and has never happened, and all the issues being reported with the new Smart Hub for which there is an equivalent eerie silence from BT.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 347 of 651

@Uppy wrote:
This thread has perhaps 150 individual contributors, which represents about 0.002% of their total market share.

Yes, but for everyone who turns up here, how many people out there are suffering in silence?

You need to do a calculation for the percentage of BT customers who turn up here, then your 0.002% might rise several decimal points.

Then there is the knock-on effect. People with problems are more likely to take to places like the Twitter (hint, let them known via  .@BTcare, #BTcloud and .@synchronoss) than people who are troublefree.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 348 of 651

For AR_HELP

reference startup problems.

from memory if you bring up the Summary screen produced by the strange Synchronoss Desktop  there is a Settings selection.

one of those settings is Log in at Startup.   Uncheck this and BT Cloud won't start when you start your PC.

the only drawback you will find is that the product needs several tries at starting up but at least you can delete it by using Windows Manager to delete the process if it hangs.

I am surprised a BT Techie has not told you this.

this was another reason I have deleted the product from my system.

0 Ratings
Venner
Contributor
Message 349 of 651

Big change in the behaviour of the Windows phone app today. Confirming an upload causes the whole phone to restart.

Not sure I'd consider that an improvement, but as it's never worked who can say

0 Ratings
grahcurtis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 350 of 651

BT Cloud will not remember settings and shows files as not backed up when they are

The BT Cloud on my Win 7 PC updated a week or so back.  I've given it a couple of weeks to settle down and it mainly works OK, except for 2 problems.

1) No matter how many times I untick boxes in the Dashboard Settings area, the next time the Dashboard opens all the boxes are ticked again.

2) The Transfer area shows 917 files remaining - constantly.  I look in the various folders I am backing up using Windows Explorer and a number of folders have yellow backup marks against them, but everything they contain has a green marks.  If I look at BT Cloud on the web, the files are all backed up.  These folders probably contain around 900 files so it looks like they are the ones still to be processed, even though they have been.

Anyone seen similar or, more importantly, managed a fix?

0 Ratings