Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
simplysup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 351 of 651

BT Cloud - keeps shutting down

Windows 10 Home, Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.545)

Kaspersky Antivirus.

The BT Cloud app keeps shutting itself down - or something else on my system is shutting it down, although if so I've been unable to identify the culprit.

When I start the app, it starts minimized in the system tray, and starts syncing. However when I check it a little while - time varies - later, the system tray icon disappears, and I have to manually restart the app.

In settings, the app is set to "Open at Login", "Keep me logged in", and "Show system notifications".

Any ideas on how I might troubleshoot this issue?

Nigel

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 352 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Robbie, I gave you my email address (xxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com) last week but, like many others, have heard nothing since. I have wasted over 20 hours of my life uploading and creating "Collections" on the old BT Cloud, only to see that effort wasted as they have not been carried over to the new "albums". I am now at the point of giving up as this application is simply unusable. As a BT Customer AND BT shareholder, I am REALLY, REALLY disappointed that the company has produced such an appalling piece of software. Is anyone in BT actually reading the negative feedback? I haven't seen ANY positive feedback. The customers may not always be right but they are always the customers and they can, and will, vote with their feet.

swgjb06
Message 353 of 651

Re: BT Cloud - keeps shutting down

I'm also experiancing the same problem and I've not been able to isolate what is causing it. I have the same setting checked as Nigel.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 354 of 651

Re: BT Cloud will not remember settings and shows files as not backed up when they are

Essentially, it's bust. You do have the consolation that, according to BT's local minders, only "a few" customers have problems. Unfortunately"few" may well mean thousands.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 355 of 651

@Nalini wrote:
Sorry but the new version seems to duplicate all my photos & music on the iPhone when it restored after the update. My question is - can you delete all the data on the cloud so I can do a clean install of the new app across my pc & iPhone, android etc.
If this is possible on case by case basis it would help to go forward as I have had to uninstall the cloud on the iPhone & stop syncing on PCs until the problem is resolved with the duplications!!

I did this but still got errors on the fresh back up. The reality is the BT software is FUBAR, if you REALLY have to rely on your cloud back up and it is essential to you then at present, as I have done, I would use an alternative provider. The BT solution cannot be trusted. 

0 Ratings
vintagewireless
Aspiring Contributor
Message 356 of 651

Where has my folder layout gone? When I access btcloud.bt.com I am presented with folders which appear to be subfolders rather than the top level folders which I have on my PC.
The iPad app does allow you to drill down the folder structure but is not displaying all my devices (only one PC).

What is happening?

On my laptop btcloud app reports: Processing: 1 file remaining and has done so for several hours. What is it doing with the file. Is it encrypting or compressing it?  Why is it taking so long.  Is there a limit to file size? 

If the software provider synchronous? says that files may be sent to the USA why are BT saying otherwise?

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 357 of 651

It beggars belief that after 3 weeks still nothing, still no fix.
0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 358 of 651

@doleawg wrote:
It beggars belief that after 3 weeks still nothing, still no fix.

Don't exaggerate. It is more like two and a half weeks.

But has there been a fix for any of the various points raised here?

Some of us are locked out completely. That's an unanswered discussion.

I was asked to "contact a mod" two weeks ago – that seems to be a standard stalling ploy – with the exhortation that they hope to get back to me within 48 hours.

I leave you to guess how long it has taken them to respond. OK. I'll put you out of your misery. They haven't.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 359 of 651

Having removed 99.9% of my data from BT Cloud I am now using another provider. For me apart from appalling performance on upload,syncing with devices that I had deleted and the utter failure to share photos properly there are many reasons to ditch this offering. 

What is really striking is the abject failure of any BT person to admit there are problems, not just with a small group as implied.

The product I now use works seamlessly across Android,Desktop and IOS unlike BT who informed me last week my Android tablet is incompatible with its latest offering, although it worked OK on the old BT Cloud app, yet it runs Android 6, hardly an old product, the tablet is 2 months old.

I can now share photos/albums in seconds without the recipient having to download them first, how archaic is that ?

I dont know what the main objective of BT is in foisting this software of customers but it is most certainly not for customer retention. It is time BT Cloud and the other stuff was offered as a pay option so we can opt NOT to have it. BT needs to stick to providing lines and hubs which it does reasonably well rather than dabble in things like BT Cloud which it obviously does not understand or can properly support.

michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 360 of 651

@Cicero wrote:
BT needs to stick to providing lines and hubs ....

Hubs? I would not trust BT to supply decent hardware, if that is what you mean.

I have a Homehub that sits in its unopened shrinkwrap. It is probably worth what I paid for it, BT's £6.95 delivery charge.

The whole point of the cloud is that it is a reliable place to store things that you can get at if the sky falls in, when your house burns down, for example, taking all your hardware with it. BT Cloud fails that test big time.

You sum it up perfectly when you say:

"What is really striking is the abject failure of any BT person to admit there are problems, not just with a small group as implied."

BT makes the otherwise execrable TalkTalk look like communications professionals. When TalkTalk managed to leak customer details to all and sundry, it quickly opened up communications channels with customers, most of whom turned out not to be clobbered by the gaff.

Nearly three weeks on since the "upgrade" of BT Cloud and no one from BT has come up with any sort of response, beyond the "contact us and we'll file your problem away somewhere we can't get at". Perhaps the support team has filed all our reports in the BT Cloud.

0 Ratings