cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GWF
Beginner
Message 511 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

The fact that nothing has been done to fix the problem suggests to me that no one who works for BT actually used their own system

In view of this I have now moved to another cloud storage which works.
0 Ratings
Dode
Aspiring Expert
Message 512 of 651

The Sync folder seems to work for small amounts, at least that's what I'm using it for but with 100G I thought I'd try some more. Shoved a 24G folder in to see if it would handle it. It uploaded around 1.3G to my space and the rest vanished into the cloud somewhere, who knows where. Thankfully this was just a copy of a possible back-up.

It seems a shame to have 100G of space at my disposal and not the confidence to use it. You need total confidence in the product before you'll trust it with your back-up, even if it isn't your only one.

iMac on 10.11.6

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Uppy
Contributor
Message 513 of 651

Would concur that it is a waste of time waiting for anything to happen.  Now 5 weeks on and still no update or suggested solutions.  Unfortunately, as I posted previously, I think that those of us reporting issues on this thread are such a small proportion of their base that they could not give a monkey's.  BT will take the silence of the 99.998%, most of whom probably don't even use the service as proof that their product offering is a great success!

"........despite mods asking for individual to log their issues, there seems to be absolutley no response, either from the BT Cloud team, or the mods.  I suppose in reality BT is just not interested in providing a useable service, as long as they can make bold offers in their marketing to help win market share.  If anything it is in BT's interest to make the service unusable, as preumably they then pay for less storage capacity.

There are about 25m households in the UK, and BT has ~30% market share of fixed line broadband - so around 7.5 million customers.  This thread has perhaps 150 individual contributors, which represents about 0.002% of their total market share.  I think this shows why there is no interest in resolving these issues.  Do they care if they lose 150 customers? - I think not.  Do most customers even use BT Cloud? - probably not.  So I for one am not expecting any resolution to the issues raised here anytime soon, if at all.

I'll file this experience under 'nothing will happen', along with the planned migration off of Yahoo Mail which was promised two years ago, and has never happened, and all the issues being reported with the new Smart Hub for which there is an equivalent eerie silence from BT."

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 514 of 651

@Uppy wrote:

Would concur that it is a waste of time waiting for anything to happen.  Now 5 weeks on

Six weeks tomorrow.

0 Ratings
milfy32
Contributor
Message 515 of 651

@doleawg wrote:

@milfy32 wrote:

@Cicero wrote:

I agree I think the likelihood of getting any replies or statements are slim indeed.

What we have to remember is that BT has committed the most cardinal sin in IT terms. In forcing a change of platform on us it has failed totally to provide any backup or recovery situation. No one with any experience of IT projects would entertain such a scenario.

The failure started back in Februrary 2015 when Synchronoss purchased F-Secure the then provider of the BT Cloud software. Whether BT was offered F-Secure we will never know, if it was and declined then that compounds the failure. BT obviously failed to protect its business at that point and it's customers so that now we are confronted with a take it or leave it proposition which is foolhardy. 

The "glossy" statements issued by both BT and Synchronoss in the intervening period bear little relation to the current situation.

The failure I would suggest is at all levels, Strategic,Financial,Managerial and especially Technical so BT is unlikely to admit it.

If the problems were "technical" we would have seen software changes by now, we haven't.

A very firm reality check is needed and some proper decisions made.

I made one and thats to take all my business elsewhere, 90% done just waiting to switch the connection now. I refuse to give money to a company who thinks so little of it's customers. 

But to take my service elsewhere I have had to pay for something I am supposed to be getting free of charge as part of my contract with BT. Why then shouldn't BT discount my service for the price of what I am paying soemone to deliver their service?

Oh if only it was that simple.

Anyway - I have asked BT a question right at the top and I will let you know the answer, As it could also affect you too.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 516 of 651

@michaelkenward wrote:

@Uppy wrote:

Would concur that it is a waste of time waiting for anything to happen.  Now 5 weeks on

Six weeks tomorrow.

Happy 6 weeks sincewemetduetoBThavingnoideahowtodeliveranITsolutionandnotgivingatossaboutitscustomers anniversary everyone. How are you celebrating?

Party-Time1-min.png

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 517 of 651

My last academic test . I have concluded that the new cloud really does not like PSD (Photoshop) files at all. I did several goes with the same file and for a 200mb PSD it took 5 mins to load, the BT Cloud time counter stopped and started and really does not reflect the real elapsed time including stops and starts. It managed a Tiff file of 50mb OK but even that made it splutter. My purely unfounded guess  for PSD in particular is that the "supercompressor software" at the other end chokes and splutters with PSD files especially if they have multiple layers which most PSD will, which renders them very difficult to compress. My other purely unfounded assumption is that our 500Gb allocation is virtual and we are probably getting 100Gb real based on very rash compression ratios, which is why performance is very variable. The old working Cloud blasted Gb for Gb straight up making full use of my Infinity 2 line. Just removing files now

0 Ratings
milfy32
Contributor
Message 518 of 651

Well i've had a call from BT today and I am now sorted on Cloud, Multiple accounts were the problem (old mobile account ,old broadband account and current broadband account all had cloud on . seperated and sorted.

So that error message is due to multiple IDs.. 

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 519 of 651

@milfy32 wrote:

Well i've had a call from BT today and I am now sorted on Cloud, Multiple accounts were the problem (old mobile account ,old broadband account and current broadband account all had cloud on . seperated and sorted.

I had a similar call. I have two Infinity lines.

The conversation did not make much sense. (I declined an invitation to let India take control of my PC.) Before the changeover, I had no problem with BT Cloud on two accounts.

I also went through the rigmarole needed to separate the two accounts.

It has yet to happen as a part of the process involves sending me a PIN number by post so that I can "claim" the cloud space on one of my accounts.

Oh, and they say that the post can take 10 days. Welcome to planet BT.

0 Ratings
milfy32
Contributor
Message 520 of 651

@michaelkenward wrote:

@milfy32 wrote:

I had a similar call. I have two Infinity lines.

The conversation did not make much sense. (I declined an invitation to let India take control of my PC.) Before the changeover, I had no problem with BT Cloud on two accounts.

I also went through the rigmarole needed to separate the two accounts.

It has yet to happen as a part of the process involves sending me a PIN number by post so that I can "claim" the cloud space on one of my accounts.

Oh, and they say that the post can take 10 days. Welcome to planet BT.

I e-mailed Gavin Paterson, A gent called Joe got in touch with me by e-mail, I sent him the screenshots he ID'd the problem and called me to explain and fix it - no PC control and he was in London.

He said many others have also been contacted and most are resolved.

He said the new system would have a security conflict with more than 1 account. No idea what the PIN was all about.

0 Ratings