cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wictod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 581 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Cloud is screwed bad, apart from it have a mind of its own it is now refusing me access when trying to access via apps or web    error: "parameters invalid" "code" : MB4-06      

Anyone have the faintest idea what's up? is happening across all my devices PC, IPAD, Iphone , Mac etc ?

0 Ratings
mikegreenland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 582 of 651

It has not worked since early August when an upgrade was done. It is mark one **bleep**

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 583 of 651

@wictod wrote:

Cloud is screwed bad, apart from it have a mind of its own it is now refusing me access when trying to access via apps or web    error: "parameters invalid" "code" : MB4-06      

Anyone have the faintest idea what's up? is happening across all my devices PC, IPAD, Iphone , Mac etc ?

No idea..it's not worked properly for nearly two months.

in all honesty I would remove the app from IPhones and IPads etc in case it roars in and blasts your contacts to who knows where .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Uppy
Contributor
Message 584 of 651

...the shambles continues

Now can't login from desktop app (Webpage cannot be found).

If I log into myBT I can then launch the web interface, but no desktop interface = no backups taking place = USELESS

Can any of the mods at BT let us know if there is now a problem with basic desktop login?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 585 of 651

@Uppy wrote:

...the shambles continues

Now can't login from desktop app (Webpage cannot be found).

If I log into myBT I can then launch the web interface, but no desktop interface = no backups taking place = USELESS

Can any of the mods at BT let us know if there is now a problem with basic desktop login?

Drag and drop was working on the web app this morning.

Not quite a backup as such, but at least files can be retrieved for backup.....when desktop works again.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 586 of 651

The fact that people are still **bleep** about with this piece of **bleep** amazes me.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 587 of 651

@doleawg wrote:
The fact that people are still **bleep** about with this piece of **bleep** amazes me.

As of this morning, 7-40am, the BT Cloud desktop app is working again.

i.e. :- Can now login.

Yesterday, I could only upload an updated file via the web app.

Today that file was synced immediately on login.

0 Ratings
m4xwl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 588 of 651

Not sure there's any point me posting here, since there are already 59 pages of comments, questions and derision, with seemingly no fixes from BT.

Anyhow, after finally getting this to work across apps on my mac and on iphone/ipad, a new probelem has arisen in that on my mac it is no longer syncing the folders in Finder that I put in the BT Cloud folder. It was working fine but now on the app, when I click on the Sync tab, it shows no folders, where it did before. So now when I add any files in the Finder BT Cloud folder, it doesn't see them or sync them. In complete contrast, anything I put in the adjacent Dropbox folder just works!

In addition, the BT CLoud mac app now says it has an upgrade, 15.2.8.22. But this doesnt work, I get the message

"BT Cloud Update Notification - 

Could not execute the application updater component. The file may be missing or corrupted."

My files are all still there OK, can see on browser or in iphone app, but now worried about removing an reinstalling mac app, since I have no idea if it will then delete all the files in the cloud. (about 52GB of them!)

Has to have been the worst ever so called improvement ever, and still issues 2 months later on.

0 Ratings
m4xwl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 589 of 651

OK - found a solution on my previous for anyone with the same problem.

Found where you can get direct download of 15.2.8.22.

http://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Mac-OS/BT-Cloud-FREE.html

Did this, installed it, it asks if you want to replace previous version, said yes, and it is syncing again OK. Tried adding a new sub-folder in BT Cloud folder in Finder, and it worked, well I should say, appears to be working, since it is so slow. I do the same thing in Dropbox sync folder, it just updates in front of your eyes, so nothing to do with my internet speed (BT Infinity)

Has BT built in a go-slow module?

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 590 of 651

For a laugh, got to ask, working yet?

0 Ratings