cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 251 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Hi @iscorrer@Catain_Sensible and @JaneR1,

Thanks all for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the new cloud. Can you please drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 252 of 651

@DavidM wrote:

Hi @iscorrer@Catain_Sensible and @JaneR1,

Thanks all for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the new cloud. Can you please drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

David I know you mean well but we have all done this and we are hearing nothing back, seems pointless exercise...

0 Ratings
Message 253 of 651

Hi @doleawg,

Thanks for posting. I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you but we are investigating each issue and will be in touch when we have an update for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 254 of 651

There is little doubt that this "upgrade" is a complete disaster.

in essence I am assuming BT invested in new hardware to give us 500gb

In my case BT Cloud says I am using 11gb less than I really am.

In summary BT could be losing money as charged usage is likely to be less than actual usage.

Also having given us more storage it has simultaneously redeuced/eliminated our ability to manage it.

Unless BT goes back to the software that worked I can see people, especially business removing data from it and BT left with a lot of empty disks. My alternative backup system is still working and will do  so for the future.

strategically and technically the Director responsible for this disaster must be held to proper account as unless there is a proper solution quickly BT Cloud will be under a cloud.

0 Ratings
dhogarth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 255 of 651

DavidM or someone helpful - can you please try to get me an answer. On the Settings tab of the BT Cloud desktop application, it says "When you back up folders containing photos we'll automatically turn them into photo albums". This does NOT happen for folders containing photos I have scanned in using a Kodak P461 Photo Scanner. They are .jpg files, just like the files from digital cameras. Why does it not create photo albums for them?

0 Ratings
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 256 of 651

If ever there was a case of fixing something not broken it has to be BT'S latest cloud update. Could a moderator please explain why BT has done this and why launch an app that is not fit for purpose. There are clearly many issues not least the uploading and syncing of files. I have fibre and at last count about 15000 files to upload, after having to remove and reinstate to undo the mess from installing the new version. I estimate it will take about two weeks to upload everything back onto the cloud and sync across all devices. The previous version would most likely take 1hr or so. Why launch a product not properly tested? The size of pictures in the search section on a phone are now too small to see well unlike before. In fact the whole app now looks and works like a cheap imitation of the previous app. Have BT done this to save money? An explanation would be appreciated.

Please ignore my other new subject post. Posted in disuss on app forum and was moved. Wanted to repeat here to add to the pressure on BT for this debacle.
0 Ratings
Message 257 of 651

Hi Guys,

A small number of customers have told us that they are experiencing problems with the updated version of BT Cloud and we are sorry about this. We are working to resolve these and will update as soon as possible.

Some customers have asked if they can access the old web browser version of BT Cloud and this is available for downloading of files at https://btcloud.bt.com/web/static/oldweb/index.html

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 258 of 651

@PaddyB wrote:

Some customers have asked if they can access the old web browser version of BT Cloud and this is available for downloading of files at https://btcloud.bt.com/web/static/oldweb/index.html

Sadly, that link delivers this message:

bt.login.error login to portal

That's reminiscent of the error I get when I try to login at the spiffy new venue. I haven't been able to get in there since the "upgrade".

0 Ratings
dt-k
Aspiring Contributor
Message 259 of 651

Does BT stand for Bloody Terrible?

This latest BT Cloud update is truly awful. Exactly what was so broken with the previous version that you had to build AND release this mess? The previous version wasn't perfect but it was way ahead of the current release.

Just cleared my BT Cloud account, I'm off to Dropbox.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 260 of 651

After a little bit of research I have found that on 1st March this year BT did  a 5 year deal with an American outfit called Synchronoss to enhance their Cloud service. Type in Synchronoss Ireland in Google and you read the full press release. 

What at a shame BT did not think to inform its customers at the time.

As a mere personal user of the user I have had enough after 5  days and won't be using this "service" for the next 5 years.

I will be using the link for the old software supplied a few entries ago by a mod to evacuate any data from BT Cloud while I can.