cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graystreet
Contributor
Message 311 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

You can only download your existing files from the old version.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 312 of 651

@graystreet wrote:

You can only download your existing files from the old version.

But I want to delete them and take them away from BT as I dont' trust them, answers on a postcard please...

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 313 of 651

Over the last few days I have found the only sensible way to access my files was from either my Ipad or an Android tablet I bought a month ago, using the old working BT Cloud app.

These avenues are now blocked as the Ipad version of BT Cloud insists I upgrade to the "new version" which I declined.

Similarly on the Android tablet my last avenue of hope I was told to upgrade and lo and behold I am told the new BT Cloud update is incompatible with Android 6 the newest version.

Clearly it is beyond the ability of BT and Synchronoss to ensure capability on new versions of Android.

Witness the substitution of arrogance for technical capability and customer service.

I will therefore be removing BT Cloud from all my devices in the next few minutes, having disconnected my account.

I have deleted the backups and for some reason my storage now shows as 1 Gb out of 500 useless Gb.

Mercifully I kep other offline copies on other reliable devices and software.

From now on distribution of photos to family and others will be done via Picasa.

Pete_30
Message 314 of 651

What a total disaster BT.

Firstly you email me advising there is an update/ upgrade BUT you don't explain the meaning of various symbols etc that appear on your PC or MAC - not a thing !!

Secondly when you see your computer transfering data are you sending files to the Cloud or downloading from the Cloud and overwriting your files ? Okay I now know the transfer is to the cloud but there was no info at the start of the process.

When you open the Cloud App you get pretty useless information so you have to go to the web to see your files.

Oh my god !!! ... thousands of **bleep** files with no meaning whatsover AND endlesss duplicates - everything totally scrambled.

I have now had to delete EVERYTHING from the cloud and start backing up to get a clean copy.

This is working but 3 days later I am still waiting for 10Gb of video files to upload and seem to be getting "unknown errors" reported on nearly all of them ( typically 32Mb sized files. ).

Now I cannot access the BT cloud on my Vista PC because you tell me my version of Explorer 9 ( which is the latest ) is incompatible. You offer Google Chrome and FireFox and having downloaded both by clicking on YOUR links I have endless American videos selling financial services and tons of other **bleep** appearing that I cannot switch off so I have had to unistall Firefox and Chrome.

This is really PATHETIC BT and clearly the team that has designed this software and the team that promotes it are seriously substandard. Unfortunately I don't understand enough about the Cloud but I am close to abandoning it altogether and reverting back to my Terabyte hard drive.

0 Ratings
Pete_30
Message 315 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

I have experienced the same problem with countless duplicates plus thousands of files with long numerical names that are totally meaningless. Not helped by the fact that all dates have been changed on all files even on my PC and MAC to the date the BT cloud has attempted to access them. I had to delete all files on my MAC and start from scratch praying my hard disk didn't overheat and crash loosing all my files. A full 3 days on and I still have lots of files waiting to back up despite the fact that BT info tells me all files have been backed up which is untrue.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 316 of 651

Can't help with your problem but if you are using Windows Vista, it is getting a bit long in the tooth and even Microsoft don't support it any more. Internet Explorer 9 is the latest version for Vista but it is no longer a supported or secure browser and it is recommended you no longer use it. Internet Explore 11 is the latest version but it can not be used on Vista.

Chrome is also no longer supported on Vista and while you can use it you will not get security updates for it and as a result it is possibly not as secure as it could be.

Firefox is supported on Vista and is regulary updated and secure. If you want to install it with out all the junk you are best to go directly to the Mozilla site and download it from there. https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/

0 Ratings
ianfen2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 317 of 651

File Format in BT Cloud

Hi,

The new BT Cloud ap appears to be saving files created in excel on my laptop with an .xlsx file extension rather than .xls Then when I try to download a file on my ipad it starts OK by creating a zipped file (although I have to highlight two files, it seems incapable of downloading just one file).  However when I then nunzip the file and try to open it I get the message that the file cannot be opened.

Help please

Ian 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 318 of 651

Re: File Format in BT Cloud

@ianfen2 wrote:

Hi,

The new BT Cloud ap appears to be saving files created in excel on my laptop with an .xlsx file extension rather than .xls Then when I try to download a file on my ipad it starts OK by creating a zipped file (although I have to highlight two files, it seems incapable of downloading just one file).  However when I then nunzip the file and try to open it I get the message that the file cannot be opened.

Help please

Ian 

Ignoring the "two file" issue, what is the format of the unzipped excel file?. There is an ms office for ipad app, which should open xlsx files. Xlsx are for excel 2010 and 365, and possibly 2007.

I had the office apps on the iPad mini, but deleted all - too small and fiddly for the mini. Also they require huge monthly updates.

I'll do a check tomorrow.

Another reason for dumping iPad office was that Apple try to impose their own icloud storage on the user.

0 Ratings
McSykes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 319 of 651

Looking at the android play store,saw some cracking reviews for this steaming pile of code BT has offloaded on us poor citizens.

Cheered me up no end.

I expect the people who suggested and delivered this useless ,miserable  grey cloud of a storage medium,have had a massive bonus,as all the data centres are empty & can now be closed for more cost saving!

Bring back Iain Vallace!

0 Ratings
McSykes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 320 of 651

Had no option, had to update android.

I can confirm it's just as unusable and unfriendly as the windows phone version.

OK, any NAS drive recommendations?  Looking at a synology, anybody have any recommendations? 

0 Ratings