cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 41 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

I am unable to use the PC software, and now have many duplicate files when I look online.

Well done BT - another well executed "upgrade"!!!!

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Ok tried to go for the cloud delete and resync everythign overnight job and even that didn't work. Weird files started appearing.

At the moment I have no trust in BT and what it is doing to 60Gb of irreplacbale family photos so have deleted the software until they make their upgrade work.

C'mon BT come out and talk, you created this mess, sort it. Time to get on Linkedin and publicise this......

0 Ratings
Venner
Contributor
Message 43 of 651

This "new improved" cloud interface is an apalling step backwards. Did it not dawn on anyone that some people might not want to use a browser to access their cloud data?  

What I want to be able to do is backup selected stuff from all my devices to the cloud, and then download to another device as and when necessary.  All with the use of a simple front end installed on each device.

And have a folder with selected content that is synced across all devices.

After the upgrade stuff that was in the "BT Cloud Sync" folder is not all in the new Sync folder, just a random subset of it.

Finally it has the cheek to imperiously inform me that "Opera browser is not supported"

I have 35 years in IT system design behind me, and I would never have signed of such a **bleep** "improvement".

As I very much doubt that anything will be done to make this better, I'll settle for just ranting, but if you really want to make one minor enhancement which would make the desktop app almost usable, you could add a direct link to the browser page from it.

doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 651

@Venner it takes skill to make somethig that worked so unusable......I know 12 year olds that could do a better job.

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 45 of 651

my problem is I get "Please login via MyBT portal to access cloud" even when I have gone to it via the MyBT portal!

Can't even get to my files now 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 46 of 651

@Venner wrote:

This "new improved" cloud interface is an apalling step backwards. Did it not dawn on anyone that some people might not want to use a browser to access their cloud data?  

What I want to be able to do is backup selected stuff from all my devices to the cloud, and then download to another device as and when necessary.  All with the use of a simple front end installed on each device.

And have a folder with selected content that is synced across all devices.

After the upgrade stuff that was in the "BT Cloud Sync" folder is not all in the new Sync folder, just a random subset of it.

Finally it has the cheek to imperiously inform me that "Opera browser is not supported"

I have 35 years in IT system design behind me, and I would never have signed of such a **bleep** "improvement".

As I very much doubt that anything will be done to make this better, I'll settle for just ranting, but if you really want to make one minor enhancement which would make the desktop app almost usable, you could add a direct link to the browser page from it.

It's a bit of a muddle, but you can make some sense of it......eventually.

The best interface is via the web application, where it seems to be much the same - allowing you to select files for sharing etc. And! - there's now a deleted files folder.

The desktop app is attempting to use the Windows File Manager, a feature which was not there before.

On first install there was some confusion in the "resync" process...hmmmm.

Tough, if you already have masses of files uploaded and your Internet connection speeds are slow.

0 Ratings
Tarnbrick
Contributor
Message 47 of 651

Hi Ribblelancs.  Not been on here for a while but the new Cloud has got me going.  Have done the upgrade on desktop and iPad  but not yet managed to make much sense of how it is all displayed.  Have gone on the BT Cloud website to look at my stuff but again it seems a bit shambolic.  Might need to have a lie down for a while. 

Venner
Contributor
Message 48 of 651

I am, slowly, making sense of it.

Main gripes with the web interface:

Under 'all my files' phones appear under "BT Cloud" instead of devices in their own right, i.e as SYNC rather than REPOSITORY (like laptops) - why?

The use of the full path name to the directory on the 'repository' - this means that for the one laptop where I have installed the new desktop app, everything appears twice, once under the full path name, once under the original folder name . Again why? was this ever given even cursory testing?

Nothing from phones or laptops appears in the web interface that was uploaded since 1st August.   New uploads are still visible via the original  desktop app. (at least for the time being)

The new 'BT Cloud/Web' folder, which equates to the old 'BT Cloud sync' again dates from 1st August, so anything put into BT Cloud sync this month is only visible via the old desktop app. 

So I assume that eventually everything uploaded via the "old" app since 1st August will be lost?

0 Ratings
McSykes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 651

I agree since update i am unable to retrieve my files.

I now also have all my photos lumped in 1 folder 12,000+,nice,NOT!

I used to be able to find photos on each device logged in. Now i'm clueless where the photos are.

My Laptop (Ok its Vista) worked fine before update,now getting the message that everyone else is getting.

Totally useless app now. 

Please Revert to old App please & restore DATA ASAP! You've totally ruined a usable APP!

doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 651

Re: BT Cloud and Excessive Data Usage despite setting backup as wifi only

@patters_uk I foudn that when I 'upgraded' on my iphone it resynced everythgn that was alrady on it, the whole thing is just such a momunental fork up.

Ring BT and complain, they will sort. I hate IT people but I also hate IT idiots who don't test ugrades, it basic stuff, the stuff they teach in school.

0 Ratings