cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 641 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

My Fesktop was updated yesterday to whatever is the most current. In the vain hope that something better was available I tried one folder . 

Smart Folders was turned on but as usual no Smart Folder created, perhaps the mods can tell us how this is supposed to work because it does not work with any consistency at all. Left the folder/files overnight to see if an album appeared...no it didn't.

The update failed to note of  previous settings so once again there it is the SYNCHRONOSS entry in my W7 Startup, duly removed.

Not sure what is fixed by the latest update, very little as far as I can see and the IPad app still displays photos in reverse order within my test albums.

it is now almost a year since BT did this wonderful deal brimming with enhancements, who knows in another year we may have a usable product.

It is not just Italy where BT took its eye off the ball I think.

0 Ratings
Kiwisteve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 642 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Smart Folders do not work with any consistency despite trying multiple times with different wait periods between clicking next folder for "Backup" and trying to stimulate Smart Folder creation by adding and deleting photos from the source folders [options gleaned from other Forum responses]. 

Is anyone aware of BT's formal response to this issue - particularly a name as to who is responsible?

Is this possibly an issue for a Trading Standards investigation - as others have mentioned this part of the BT Broadband product is not fit for purpose and therefore there may be a basis for a price reduction? [Seperate issue but I would also love to be able to opt out of BT Sport for a reduction in product price as well].

Other than this user Forum is there a more formal channel to raise the issue directly with BT rather than us users gripeing amongst ourselves?

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 643 of 651

@Kiwisteve wrote:

Is anyone aware of BT's formal response to this issue - particularly a name as to who is responsible?

I'm afraid you will have to search through the previous 64 pages of this discussion to find names. There were some.

As to a formal response, surely you jest. There was nothing that I can remember beyond a few early messages here from BT's gophers. But they quickly gave up when they saw the mess and knew that they couldn't possibly sort it out.

The official line seems to be taken straight from Gone with the Wind, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a **bleep**".

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 644 of 651

Kiwisteve I have made many posts on Smart Folders over several months and cannot recall a single reply from any mod on this.neither BT nor SYNCHRONOSS have made any attempt to explain when all the issues on BT Cloud will be fixed, indeed neither have really acknowledged that BT Cloud is not fit for purpose. Like many on this site I would gladly give up access to the product for a reduction of £108 per annum on my bill. My own 500gb spins empty and will do so for the foreseeable future.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 645 of 651

Listen we all agree, its a joke, a rip off, a scandal but it is obvious after 60+ pages, BT dont give a **bleep**.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 646 of 651

@Cicero wrote:

Kiwisteve I have made many posts on Smart Folders over several months and cannot recall a single reply from any mod on this.

There were a couple of early mod messages:

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done? - Page 2 - BTCare Community Forums

and then

After that, silence.

PS Just found these:

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done? - Page 6 - BTCare Community Forums

Two of them together.

There may be more. So, not quite no single reply, but hardly a torrent of feedback.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 647 of 651

Comment noted, Certainly in respect of Smart Folders I have not found any replies from Mods on this as far as I can see. To confirm the status I will do another test and publish the results here.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 648 of 651

@Cicero wrote:

...Certainly in respect of Smart Folders I have not found any replies from Mods on this as far as I can see.

The mods went to earth early on in this fiasco.

Not sure that they ever dealt with any issue in a definitive way.

After some months I was told that my system was messed up because I had two cloud accounts. (I have two phones and two Internet accounts, personal and business.) The new cloud software couldn't cope with this complexity.

It might help to start a new discussion with specifics. They probably gave up on watching this woeful saga some time ago.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 649 of 651

I tried two folders containing JPEGS only, both had 6 pictures in totalling around 36mb each.

Did the first folder via desktop , Smart Folders ticked, no Smart Folder produced.

A few minutes later did the second folder , same result, no Smart Folder.

Nothing more to say really unless the MODS can tell us under exactly what circumstances is a Smart Folder created .

0 Ratings
mikegreenland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 650 of 651

I have also noticed that it prevents my pc going to sleep. Auto sleep is disabled. When I uninstall the BT software it sleeps ok.
0 Ratings