cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badhamsj
Beginner
Message 11 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

I applied the upgrade on Windows when it popped up this morning. It looks as though everything added since June has had to be uploaded again. 

When the software was installing it looked like a new software provider was involved.

Maybe BT have moved the backend to a new provider and haven't finished moving the data across yet. If this is the case I would have expected some sort of migration notice.

0 Ratings
dhogarth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 651

BT - how can you do an "upgrade" like this without providing some user information/help about what is going on? I have no idea how I can manage my content at the moment. I received notifications that Smart Folders were being created but I don't know where they are or how to look at them (or even why they were created). I got through to BT Help after a very long wait, and spoke to someone thousands of miles away who didn't have a clue - all she could tell me was that the upgrade has been done this morning, maybe things were still building and maybe it would be better in 24-48 hours, if not then call again.

BT - do you read these forums? If so, please publish some up-to-date help and notify your users!

doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 651

@ dhogarth

Genius isn't it.....

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 651

Hi guys,

Thanks all fopr posting. Can you take a look at BT Cloud Update. If you're still having problems drop me over an email with the details and we'll try to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
westonmaid
Message 15 of 651

saves me a phone call so thanks for that 

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 651

@DavidM

Why not warn in advance? Here is a question. In my orignal settings I had specified 2 folders (whcih have subfolders) that I wanted to sync as back up. These folders are in the cloud but they don't appear in the set up dashboard?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 651

Thanks for posting @doleawg.

I'll pass the questions back to the could guys and will post back when I get a reply.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 651

@DavidM Can you also tell them that when I upgraded the app on my iPhone it resynced what was already sync'd. Do these guys test software before releasing?

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 19 of 651

Can someone tell me what's happening with the Android app, the old one tells me to update but there is nothing in the Google play store!
Pete
0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 651

@DavidM

Some visuals of the issue. I had specified 2 folders to back up 'documents' and 'Family Photos and Videos'

This visual shows they are in 'your' cloud

http://imgur.com/x1l8rRo

However this visual shows that in the setings they are now lost as defined back up folders

http://imgur.com/sXRNG0h

and this visual shows that when I try add the 'Family Photos and Videos' folder it won't let me, I have to individually add the 3 sub folders whcih means resyncing 45Gb of files. 

http://imgur.com/afE19mE

Genius......

0 Ratings