cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbcox
Message 221 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

I can log in to BT Cloud. How do I stop the repeated prompt to update BT Cloud?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 222 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update - installed but keeps prompting to update

@dbcox wrote:

I can log in to BT Cloud. How do I stop the repeated prompt to update BT Cloud?

Then scroll down to My Extras, and find BT Cloud.

Click on Manage BT Cloud.

What does it show?

Also when you look at the BT Cloud App properties in Microsoft Control Panel, what version does it show, and date etc?

0 Ratings
dhogarth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 223 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

Hi,

Another question specifically about Smart Folders. I think I now understand that they are created when you add a folder of photos into the backup, and automatically create a photo album. So far, so good. HOWEVER - it seems that when I do the same with a folder containing images of photos that I have scanned from old prints (still jpg files just like the ones originally taken with a digital camera) it doies not recognise them as photos and does not create a Smart Folder. So, can anyone tell me what attribute it is getting hung up on. How does it know? I have tried playiung around with the Properties of my scans to try to make them match the original digital pics, but it hasn't worked so far. I'd really appreciate it if anyoine can help with this, though I imagine it will take someone from the BT technical team who knows what they have coded in to recognise photo files.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 224 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

If you untick login at start when the BT Cloud Desktop panel comes up and go to settings and go to Login at Start that fixes it. I usually have to try 3 times to get the panel to come up.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 225 of 651

Agreed... I have already gone back to hard disks and SD Cards especially as you cant now email links of pictures. I tested it and the receving email (me) says link has expired when the email was sent around 30secs previously.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 226 of 651

I have noticed some photos can take days to resolve for some reason, in the meantime BT Cloud says they cant be opened.

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 227 of 651

@michaelkenward wrote:

@peter7769 wrote:
94 and counting...

Please stop boasting. Some of us can't even get into the cloud. We get locked into a never ending login cycle. BT hasn't even acknowledged that one.

They have to me, said it would be looked into. However unless it's sorted by the end of the month I will continue to not use it and put my faith somewhere else. 

I've never used BT customer service but if this is a sign of how the place is run then I hope I never have to!

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 228 of 651

@23prince wrote:

I've never used BT customer service but if this is a sign of how the place is run then I hope I never have to!

Don't judge them by this episode. Major screwups like this are rare. My guess is that the support team is as annoyed as the rest of us, but they don't dare say so.

I have had good support in the past for various issues. TalkTalk's support makes BT look saintly and the epitome of perfection. BT even treats customers like customers, not like something smelly that they have stepped in.

Your end of the month deadline is about right. This sort of thing doesn't get fixed easily, especially when BT unleashed it on the world when a good percentage of the support people, in-house and at the third party supplier that seems to have cobbled this thing together, are probably on holiday.

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 229 of 651

@michaelkenward wrote:

@23prince wrote:

Don't judge them by this episode. Major screwups like this are rare. My guess is that the support team is as annoyed as the rest of us, but they don't dare say so.

I have had good support in the past for various issues. TalkTalk's support makes BT look saintly and the epitome of perfection. BT even treats customers like customers, not like something smelly that they have stepped in.

Your end of the month deadline is about right. This sort of thing doesn't get fixed easily, especially when BT unleashed it on the world when a good percentage of the support people, in-house and at the third party supplier that seems to have cobbled this thing together, are probably on holiday.

Sadly I have to disagree. I have extensive knowledge of BT both personally and professionally and this is fairly common, though in business world most of their competitors are just as bad. People have this perception of BT as one big company while in reality it is made up of a huge amount of different parts who don't talk to each other. Openreach should be separated out. In saying all that i know lots of good people who work and have worked for BT but the company is set up in a way that it will always be dysfunctional.

Now over a week and no update or answers from anyone? When it comes to cloud back up you have to have 100% trust in your provider be it personal or professional use. This solution fails that test miserably

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 230 of 651

I don't see why they bothered to update it anyway - I mean the app yes but break the whole thing!? 

I just called BT Mobile on another issue and was basically lied to by the first person I spoke to - so now I have 2 things to judge them on. 

0 Ratings