cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renzz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Upgrade(?), what have you done?

The new prog seems to integrate itself with Windows Exploer in that you get a little green tick against any specific folders you have set to upload. However, if I right click any folder in Explorer and choose "Properties" while BTCloud is running, Explorer crashes. If I stop BT Cloud and do the same there's no crash.

I'm running Windows 7 X64, and the App Event logged for the crash is

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7601.17567, time stamp: 0x4d672ee4
Faulting module name: SHLWAPI.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7c9ab
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000ae81
Faulting process id: 0x1984
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1f313cb9932b5
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\SHLWAPI.dll
Report Id: 4ad8b9a9-5f08-11e6-82d0-485b396218c2

Happy to supply anything else needed to fix this.

0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 22 of 651

Can it not just be rolled back until it is sorted. 

I have loaded the software, but it will not work on my PC.

clivemacd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

Thanks for this informative update. I have a few questions:

• are the 'synchronoss software' update requests which are appearing on my PC related to BT Cloud? I have been rejecting the update requests flagged by my anti-virus software as I do not recognise the name. I suspect many BT Cloud users will have done the same
  • is it possible to override the time-based automatic logout? It's annoying on a private home PC
  • will it be possible to view the document library in a tlled/large icon format as previously?
  • you should really provide prior notification of a major upgrade such as this. My data is not synced yet so many of my files are unavailable via BT Cloud. I could have been relying on BT Cloud to download a file for a customer demonstration at an off-site location this morning, or a contract for a customer to sign.

Many Thanks

Clive MacDona;d

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 651

oh dear bt, what have you done?

Gone from something that worked (or at least seemed to), to something that doesn't.

Lost all settings for local files I wanted backed up

Resynced all the other files to a different folder (looking on the bright side at least it didn't resync my local files back to me).

I have tried rolling back (have a copy of the old version), but I'd need to resync the local files again as the updater deleted all those settings.

And the best the "help"desk can offer is wait 48 hours!

wingers
Contributor
Message 25 of 651

BT Cloud v15.2.8.15 not working

My BT Cloud has been working fine until tonight when it decided to install an update (v15.2.8.15) - now it doesn't work at all - window opens but close seconds later and app disappears from task manager

Sort it out BT, how can I rely on your service for backing up my data when app doesn't even work

wingers
Contributor
Message 26 of 651

Just been upgraded to the new app - it doesn't work at all - opens and then immediately closes and disappears from running tasks - if I launch it again it stays open for a few moments and the closes

only just started using it a few days ago and was still waiting for it to complete backup - and now after this upgrade I can't even use it

Logged in to BT Cloud website and no sign of the 5 gb of files I had backed up over last few days - it says "You have nothing backed up!"

How can we trust this as a backup of our data when the app doesn't work and the website says nothing backed up - my computer has been on day and night for last few days "supposedly" backing up files!

PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 27 of 651

Oh dear what a poor user experience. 

If I was being charged for this I'd demand my money back.  like others, the upgrade happened without warning, around 12gB of files may have been deleted, Its now 'uploading' but did around 6 files totalling around 600k in the last 10 minutes ( 1 off 63kb in the last 6 minutes) and those files that have supposedly been uploaded can't be viewed in the Web App

At this point, after another restart its uploading fine, around 1mB per sec

Web browser seems pointless for uploading as it seems to only handle individual files, not folders

And finally, its locked up / crashed multiple times in the first couple of hours

0 Ratings
Stoner
Beginner
Message 28 of 651

Nice one BT, just spent the last 3 days sorting out all of my pics which have been uploaded only to log on today to find my Cloud empty.  Same thing with my iPad app which updated - no files at all on the Cloud so 1. I hope they're still there and 2. If they are there how long until they're going to re-appear? - not happy

0 Ratings
doleawg
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 651

Welcome home from work guys to the wonderful world of untested upgrade software. Take something that works very well and make it not work, it is what makes IT great, its genius.....

Message 30 of 651

Re: BT Cloud Update

Hi - I have downloaded and apparently successfully installed the updated BT Cloud programme for desktop (Windows 7). However, when I try to run the programme, I get the message below. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, etc etc.

Capture.PNG

Tags (1)
0 Ratings