cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Dowmloaded the desktop app to my new PC with windows 10 but he app will not open. Spent ages uninstalling, re installing several times, turning web protection on and off etc, BT virus protect, malwarebytes, windows notification. No luck. Just joined this community and oh such good news. Lots of people having the same problem. It was much easier doing a back up and restore to the PC from my seperate hard drive. Glad I didn't rely on BT cloud.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud update not working

That was my experience as well. I rebooted my laptop and then de-installed BT Cloud from the Windows Setting Menu and then went to Web Client to install the new version. I still got the 'unsafe' message and it did seem to eventually install but there was no indication that the install has completed. However, I am less than impressed. The 'Dashboard' has been replaced and, in my view, it has regressed and not improved. What is worse I began backup of my photos (> 50GBs) again as it was not working 100% before the update and now it has just stopped shortly after starting and hasn't moved on for over an hour. A backup that is not reliable is worse than no backup. I hope we get some answers from BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 1,226

Hi Thanks for the reply. I've just got off the phone with BT Cloud Help Desk. There are known problems with the up-date and also the Browser version. Help Desk number if you want to give them a call is 0800 500 3114
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 1,226

The same with me. My PC did start the update but nothing has happened except removing the software. Hopefully there will be a response from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 1,226

Similar problems . update on two computers to new version, and downloaded numerous folders and files to both machines which were deleted some months ago. I've deleted them on 1 machine but it's not deleted them in the cloud or other machine. Not seen any comments from BT yet.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

I got fooled by this as well, thinking that it had not installed. In fact it has but is now VERY different. There is no longer a dashboard that pops up like the previous version. Instead there should be an icon displayed in the windows toolbar bottom right with a cloud symbol. Hovering the mouse over this should display something like 'All files in sync'. If you right click on the icon you see a display of latest files synced. If you click on the Cog item you get a dashboard displayed which is a bit different to the old one.

Very Confusing. Nice of BT to explain the changes made isn't it.

Message 17 of 1,226

BT Cloud new client version 20.6.1.0 failed

BT Cloud wanted to install a new client version 20.6.1.0 today. (Windows 10)  Foolishly, I went ahead....

Since the update the desktop client is no longer visible (although I can see it running in Task Manager.) UPDATE: I now understand the client is accessible through a black cloud icon in the Windows taskbar.  It still doesn't appear to be syncing anything, though.

Visiting BT Cloud through a browser gives a message "We are experiencing some technical difficulties" against all of my files.  I've left it a couple of hours but still no joy.   UPDATE:  Occasionally, I get glimpses of my files, but most of the time it's just an error message.

Has anyone else installed client 20.6.1.0 ?

Message 18 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud new client version 20.6.1.0 failed

Microsoft Defender stopped the file downloading. BT Help told me to press the 'keep' option to make it download. The application has now downloaded but will not run. BT has suggested that it may be the settings on my computer! Their backroom team are working on it and will get back to me within 72 hours. I'm not holding my breath.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 1,226

I have had exactly the same problem! I was prompted to update and a message then appeared advising me that the original version of BT Cloud would be uninstalled but my files and backups would be safe. After the software was uninstalled, nothing happened. The BT Cloud icon disappeared from my desktop and no update occurred. I had no alternative than to reinstall the desktop app. However, the desktop app will not run. This is hopeless!

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 1,226

You are not alone! Even running it from the web makes no difference. I can't see any of my files and I can no longer use BT Cloud on my PC because the app will not run. I am VERY angry!

0 Ratings