cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Update. Today 1.12.20. Unable to access account via Desktop shortcut.

I have the same issue as well - BT Cloud forced the update & now clicking the BT Cloud icon appears to do nothing.

Does BT employ Software Testers?

Message 52 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud new client version 20.6.1.0 failed

I left it running overnight and it has installed perhaps, I was too impatient expecting it to all happen in a couple of hours!

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

I have contacted BT Cloud. They are aware of the fault!! They are trying to fix it. This updated has also slowed down to snail pace to get any access to the My BT page, email, this page etc. What a mess

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 54 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud update not working

On the updated version :

1) My backup directories were no longer listed, so had to select them all over again.

2) Selection uses an archaic directory browser. 

3) It's no longer a simple matter of right-clicking on a directory to add it to the backup list. 

4) There is now no indication of backup progress other than in the Cloud pop-up.

5) On the previous version new / amended files were uploaded in minutes. On the new version a test file added an hour ago has still not been uploaded.

Impression is that the sole intention of the update is to make the process more efficient for BT. No concern for the customers' experience at all.

BT is in the business of communication, but there was no warning of how long the update would take (at least 5 hours in my case), no indication of progress, and, as yet, no explanation for the major changes, let alone an apology, from BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 1,226

Morning !! Left my PC on, but asleep, all night. Still not working. Not showing in task manager.
0 Ratings
Message 56 of 1,226

I know it is more difficult with the help agents working from home.

What I fail to understand is why BT has not posted an explanation, and advice, on this discussion forum.

I suspect most subscribers who have experienced this problem would have wasted at least an hour of their time trying to sort it.

Personally I was very worried that I had, by mistake,downloaded some malware.

Please BT what is going on?

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 1,226

Well it doesn't look like the problem has been fixed within the couple of hours they indicated - I received the update instruction this morning when I turned on my computer and experienced the same problem. The old version was removed and the new version failed. 

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 1,226

Hi Tedw, is your desktop app now displaying like before the update?

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Update. Today 1.12.20. Unable to access account via Desktop shortcut.

Having looked at Task Manager, it appears that after about 15/20 seconds the Task gets suspended.
Message 60 of 1,226

Tried to update to new version of iCloud to my imac last night. I now have message saying unexpected error and the application cannot continue and is paused. Has anybody had this problem and is their a solution? I did not check what the update version was and simply pressed the update button. I've never been impressed with the BT iCloud software. This does not help me to embrace it