cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Prompted that BT Cloud needs to update. Then get a popup saying old version needs to be removed which it did.

Has not installed the new version. 

What is going on BT

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud - after latest update cannot access dashboard

My Cloud had not worked at all since the update earlier this week.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice but with no success.

Message 83 of 1,226

SEE REPLY no 67 from moderator. I was sent a link from BT Twitter to this moderator's reply.

I'd already tried as suggested in the moderator's response & most of my files couldn't be retrieved, in particular photos & videos. Tried again & now photos are showing BUT it still remains I haven't got access from my desktop which I need. 

Are they going to send another download?

Message 84 of 1,226

BT Cloud latest update

I was asked to update the latest version of BT Cloud, I have now lost the link to my cloud store, any suggestions how I can restore please?

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 1,226

Same here, it is so frustrating, I use the cloud for work too.

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 1,226

Add me to the list of victims of this latest fiasco.   As someone has already said: how can the Moderator be sure that 'the majority have upgraded smoothly' - how has that been ascertained?

I'm an ex-BT employee and have stuck loyally with the company, despite many failures like this one, but I feel I'm reaching the end of the road with them.

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 1,226

Have found it eventually. It was a small white cloud in hidden icons that looked exactly like the Microsoft One Drive symbol . Very confusing. It has been doing backups ok but is totally different to the old BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 1,226

Same problem! Not impressed
0 Ratings
Message 89 of 1,226

Bt what have you done

Your latest updat  will not work on windows 10. I see by all the other comments you should be aware.

HAS IT NEVER OCCURRED TO BT TO CHECK  AN UPDATE BEFOR LAUNCHING

Message 90 of 1,226

Following an unsuccessful forced update I have uninstalled and re-installed from bt.com/cloud/downloads. Yesterday installation was blocked by Microsoft Defender but is working today. The "cloud" tray icon says "We're initializing metadata, which may take a while. Please be patient, this will happen only once per account". The last statement of "only once" is untrue - it shows on all four of my PCs for the same account. There is no progress bar and I have been (very) patient ..... When will it complete? If I hover over the blue cloud at the top left of the status screen it says "syncing" yet there is no network traffic. The settings cogwheel gives no response. The "..." options allows "Help" which brings up the BT Cloud user guide which explicitly refers to the Windows Dashboard even though other users suggest that this has been superceded. Meanwhile, nothing is syncing nor can I see which folders are being backed up. The web page says "Error - We are experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again later". This doesn't inspire confidence. Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to make the Windows application work?