cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Avast is no good. Google IDP.generic and Avast and you will see its a false positive and they were supposed to have fixed this long ago. You can raise a FP case into them too.
0 Ratings
Message 112 of 1,226

This seems to be a brilliant combination of poor install software and complete cultural change in how the software works.

It leaves you quite baffled after wrestling with the install as to what’s going on, you think it’s not working but secretly it is.

Mine seems to work now but.

Gone is the dashboard. Instead if you click on the up arrow at the bottom right hand side of the screen “show hidden icons” there is a cloud icon. This is a dashboard of sorts. 

Gone is your original setup. I always like this on an update don’t you. If you missed the significance of the Android like setup screen when you installed the software (after deleting the old automatically) you need to click on the gear in the new mini dashboard. This gives you the opportunity to select where you want to backup from. And this is the really nice touch. Click on sync and then put a tick in “enable bt cloud sync” because you wouldn’t want that selected would you FFS. Then ensure it hasn’t called your BT Cloud folder “BT Cloud 1” (presumably because the new install detected the original one) oh joy.

Then as the septics would say ‘you are good to go’.

Addition features are a BT cloud icon that does nothing, but you can have fun clicking on it.

No green ticks to say your files are backed up to the cloud. And why would you want them what could possibly go wrong?

No option on the right click to add a file to BT Cloud.

Sorry I just needed to let off a bit of steam after I like so many people here have spent ages working my way through it, only to be disappointed by the outcome.

If anybody finds out how to get some of the old features back. I would appreciate it.

I did try the help line but I think it connects to a phone that is keeping Schrödinger’s cat company with its constant ringing. I wish it would pick up and solve one riddle for me. Thirty minutes waiting was enough for me, yes I am a goldfish. 

I don’t wish to gloat about my counties tier one status but I don’t need these distractions now. 

Message 113 of 1,226

Latest BT Cloud update will not work

I have followed the instructions to update latest version of BT Cloud on my Windows 10 PC. The App will not open. I have deleted App and reloaded but still the App will not open. I have noticed other Forum members having the same issue. Any solution available?

0 Ratings
Message 114 of 1,226

Bt Cloud Storage

On the 1st December BT updated their Cloud Storage app for my windows PC. The process was loaded but did not function.

As usual the long telephone waits and buck passing between call centres left me still with a non operating cloud.

1) Has anyone else had this experience and

2)  How do you get through to the Cloud Team to get this sorted.

Help from anyone would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 115 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud update not working

@Jules68wrote:

...so - basically I've got a terrabyte of useless storage - which I can't either use or access - except on my mobile, I think. Thanks a bundle, another fine job done. 

Why is BT following a see a foot shoot it policy? Was a third party supplying their Cloud Storage as well? Did they have to write it again, like their Web Mail? Or was this an unforced error?

Replying to my own note - to say that rebooting and installing on an otherwise unused (no programmes launched) PC allowed the application load to 'take'. I can now (via the up arrow, as described by others) find it - but, unlike even other BT applications there there is an unnamed cloud icon with a tick. Everything else, when I hover over it, tells me what it is - this  just says 'all files synced' without telling me where or by whom. Typically shoddy. If you have more than one cloud application (I do) this is broadly unhelpful, except by elimination.

0 Ratings
Message 116 of 1,226

Yes - bye bye dashboard - these things have a way of going out of fashion. 

The cloud icon on the bottom right as few have mentioned before is the dashboard now - hovering over it does show you status messages like Syncing or All files Synced.

There is a cloud icon with a green tick in the top left when you open the white popup after clicking the cloud icon, this only happens when everything is synced (backup and sync both are termed as synced in this dashboard)

If you want to add a file to cloud - simply add the file to the folder that is being backed up. 

0 Ratings
Message 117 of 1,226

Re: Bt Cloud Storage

@Isobalwrote:

On the 1st December BT updated their Cloud Storage app for my windows PC. The process was loaded but did not function.

As usual the long telephone waits and buck passing between call centres left me still with a non operating cloud.

1) Has anyone else had this experience and

2)  How do you get through to the Cloud Team to get this sorted.

Help from anyone would be appreciated.

As others have said on this forum - the old dashboard which loaded on start-up is no more. You can find the BT Cloud application (if it was actually loaded) by clicking on the up arrow (next to where your last loaded application is on the task bar) - there you will find an unnamed cloud icon which will be the BT Cloud application. Clicking on that does take you to some information, including a setting cluster in the top right corner. If this doesn't work for you, try running the application set-up on a re-booted machine with no other programmes running - it may load up then, did for me.

0 Ratings
Message 118 of 1,226

Re: Bt Cloud Storage

The update had downloaded and installed on both my pc’s but I’m having no success accessing my files in the Cloud. Really frustrating. Glad I’m not alone with this problem. 

0 Ratings
Message 119 of 1,226

So why didn't BT send a message with the update to explain what they were doing?

We have all spent a lot of today establishing that we have done nothing wrong (other than following BT's procedure).

I note that the BT Cloud document still refers to the old version so that is no help either.

What a shambles!

0 Ratings
Message 120 of 1,226

I've also just hit this problem - although in a slightly different way.   My laptop died terminally at the weekend and I ended up setting up a completely new one.  Yesterday I got to putting BT Cloud on the new one and downloaded the install - which seemed to be silent but then came up with a blank window. Eventually I realised that if I expanded the window right out it was a login window !   Unfortunately I'm not able to type my credentials at all - or even use the scroll bar.  The window seems to be frozen. If I exit and then launch from the little cloud icon it pops up with a login window (which again is frozen) and another window with the icons that others have mentioned including the green cloud with the tick indicating all my files are in sync. As this is a brand new PC that hasn't had BT Cloud on it and I can't login this would seem to be a little unlikely !

The "Launch Web" button does work for me and I can see my files (although it says I appear to have alot of data and is slow to load - I don't have alot of data....)        The only other button that works is the Exit button, which is probably the most useful as things stand !

0 Ratings