cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Similar situation here to many

I waited a couple of days to see if BT rectified this mess, but thought I best add my name to the list of unhappy customers

In my case the software updated on Laptop and PC fairly quickly. However Syncs between the 2 are taking 12-24 hrs!

The software in fits and starts (according to the list on the system tray icon) is syncing really old files that haven't been amended in years.

I also notice that the storage usage (despite being stable for months) has risen 10Gb since the update

I can't believe there has not been a statement or email from BT on this problem

0 Ratings
Message 152 of 1,226

It is not too late for BT to undertake at least two remedies which would help obviate some of the problems encountered:-

(1) Make sure that when (if) the install is complete that is actually noted and flagged and 

(2) Like many grown-up application builders - on completed install take the customer to a web page which explains the changes, where to find things etc. This is particularly important after such a significant re-design, which loses the one thing (the dash board) we have all come to expect after years of usage, visibly loading on re-boot.

This is the most unfriendly re-design I have ever come across (in terms of the disdain which they treat their relationship with their customers) - I'm sure I will grow to accept the changes - which do align them with other Cloud services (which I also access via the up arrow on the task bar) - but they have been disastrously introduced.

I cannot believe there was any beta testing with anything other than insiders, with absolutely no regard at all for customer experience - normally a very significant driver in product design. If they ever asked the 'how was it for you?' question (they clearly didn't) their ears would have blistered.

0 Ratings
Message 153 of 1,226

This is my second Post. It is now 48hrs of constant SYNC. I know i can stop the SYNC and many on here have assisted with a Map of the New but Terrible System.

I cannot use my Computer during SYNC . I am still Bombarded with BT Cloud Update Messages !

I have Backed Up Elsewhere because i have lost all faith in this Backup. 

No Warning ! No User Manual ! No Explanation from BT save a pathetic 'Technical Issues'.

At a Time when we are working from Home and relying on this system the timing couldn't be better !!

This Forum is a Snapshot of the real problem as many will not be subscribing.

Complaints are taking 5 to 7 days for a reply.

BT Please Please provide a full explanation.

BT Moderator Please obtain an Explanation and a timetable for a Fix or Full BT Statement.

Speechless !

0 Ratings
Message 154 of 1,226

Hi

Been doing somemore research and found three log files under \users\username\appdata\local\btcloud-Data which seem to contain pointers to errors which might help explain why things are not working correctly, the first

log_20201201.log

2020-12-01 18:43:48.013 +00:00 [ERR] Error on RetrieveData, { SourceContext: "Sncr.Cloud.UI.LegacySupport.LegacyUpdate" }
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Sncr.Cloud.UI.LegacySupport.LegacyWorkspaceTable.GetSyncWorkspace()
at Sncr.Cloud.UI.LegacySupport.LegacyUpdate.RetrieveData(String lcid) log_2021203.log

The second log_20201203.log

2020-12-03 00:19:53.126 +00:00 [ERR] Unhandled exception, { SourceContext: "Sncr.Cloud.UI.App" }
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'BT__ApplicationIdentifier' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, IsolatedStorageFile isf)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, IsolatedStorageFile isf)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, IsolatedStorageFile isf)
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFile.OpenFile(String path, FileMode mode)
at Plugin.Settings.SettingsImplementation.GetValueOrDefaultInternal[T](String key, T defaultValue, String fileName)
at Plugin.Settings.SettingsImplementation.GetValueOrDefault(String key, String defaultValue, String fileName)
at Sncr.CrossCutting.CrossSettingsWrapper`1.GetValueOrDefault(String key, String defaultValue, String fileName)
at Sncr.Cloud.Net.ClientInfo.SetApplicationIdentifier()
at Sncr.Cloud.Net.ClientInfo.InternalLoad()
at Sncr.Cloud.Net.ClientInfo.Load()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
at Sncr.Cloud.Modules.SharedRegistrar.RegisterServices(ContainerBuilder builder)
at Sncr.Cloud.UI.App.RegisterDependencies()
at Sncr.Cloud.UI.App..ctor()
at Sncr.Cloud.UI.App.Main()

Third log same as second. Have uninstalled and reinstalled this morning and these logs have not updated so not sure if entirely relevant 😞

0 Ratings
Message 155 of 1,226

For those with problems configuring their sync folder to locate it somewhere other than the default I have just succeeded in modifying the location. I uninstalled the BT Cloud implementation using the control panel "Programs and features", I then manually deleted the BT, BTCloud  and BTCloud-Data folders under c:\users\"username"\AppData\Local.

I then reinstalled and once completed immediately restarted the PC. Now when you run BT Cloud you are taken into the configuration window and can actually change  the back up folder selections AND the sync folder location by clicking on the browse button - BUT BEWARE this appears to be one time only access as subsequent attempts to modify the location FAIL

Message 156 of 1,226

@AGWH-HWwrote:

This is my second Post. It is now 48hrs of constant SYNC. I know i can stop the SYNC and many on here have assisted with a Map of the New but Terrible System.

I cannot use my Computer during SYNC . I am still Bombarded with BT Cloud Update Messages !

I have Backed Up Elsewhere because i have lost all faith in this Backup. 

No Warning ! No User Manual ! No Explanation from BT save a pathetic 'Technical Issues'.

At a Time when we are working from Home and relying on this system the timing couldn't be better !!

This Forum is a Snapshot of the real problem as many will not be subscribing.

Complaints are taking 5 to 7 days for a reply.

BT Please Please provide a full explanation.

BT Moderator Please obtain an Explanation and a timetable for a Fix or Full BT Statement.

Speechless !

Are you still getting the upgrade message after you are on the new version? The new version is 20.6.1 and can be checked if you click on the cloud icon and the 3 vertical dots on the top right and then About.

Can you please clarify what you mean when you say you cant use your computer using SYNC?

0 Ratings
Message 157 of 1,226

Yes its 20.6.1. The constant Syncing is using up my CPU and computer is running slow. Update messages are constantly popping up. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 158 of 1,226

I have similar logs in that folder

2020-12-02 09:30:22.000 +00:00 [ERR] Error when executing state, { SourceContext: "Sncr.Cloud.Model.Workflow.Managers.AppStateManager" }
Sncr.Cloud.Core.Data.RepositoryException: Error while adding CommandRecord entities. ---> SQLite.SQLiteException: Constraint
at SQLite.PreparedSqlLiteInsertCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(Object[] source)

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 1,226

Hi

Have you nchecked what folder the BT Cloud app is using on your PC, as I indicated in a previous post my initial configuration had the sync folder as the parent folder to my real BT Cloud folder, thus when it was looking for files to sync it didn't find any on my PC and so it then started downloading all the files from the cloud to my PC. Now that I have managed to get my Sync folder pointing to my original sync folder location it is now just syncing files that have genuinely changed (at least in this point of time 😞 )

0 Ratings
Message 160 of 1,226

Thanks I'm trying.
0 Ratings