cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Yep same problem....yet again. I held off doing the update until today (knowing full well it wouldn't work as they never seem to). Just hope BT sort this out quickly. How can EVERY update of the cloud never work properly....sigh.

0 Ratings
Message 162 of 1,226

I had a message from BT on the 2/12/20 advising me to update my BT Cloud. I did this and during the process on my L/top using windows 10, my anti-virus blocked the process saying it had stopped a virus !!! Since then my cloud has vanished from the desk top. It worked OK up till then, why mess with it BT?  Hope they sort it soon.

0 Ratings
Message 163 of 1,226

@David32wrote:

I had a message from BT on the 2/12/20 advising me to update my BT Cloud. I did this and during the process on my L/top using windows 10, my anti-virus blocked the process saying it had stopped a virus !!! Since then my cloud has vanished from the desk top. It worked OK up till then, why mess with it BT?  Hope they sort it soon.

Its not a virus - you can add an exception when it flags it to complete installation. Once the install completes, check the system tray for a cloud icon. 

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 1,226

A further degradation in service is the fact that BT Cloud folder shortcut, which added BT Cloud at the same level as Dropbox and OneNote in file explorer is no longer provided and hence options to have this point to new sync folder location (see previous community post "BT Cloud Folder Shortcut) no longer works.

This shortcut was really helpful when wanting to move files into the sync folder either from within file explorer or when doing a "save as" operation in various applications like Word and Excel.

Any chance this functionality can be provided/restored - sort of like addressing your users requirements ??

0 Ratings
Message 165 of 1,226

Anyone know if it possible to reinstall the old version of software and stop the upgrade?
0 Ratings
Message 166 of 1,226

I am afraid it is not possible it will still download the new version
I have tried to myself
Message 167 of 1,226

Hear Hear to that, we can but hope.
0 Ratings
Message 168 of 1,226

It would seem that this upgrade has been causing problems for three days.  Having successfully downloaded and  run the new version of the BT Cloud App it stopped syncing and continually stalled on uploads.  I spoke with the helpdesk yesterday and they said that there were problems which would be sorted later in the day.  This morning all seemed well and a backup started but again after an hour or two has stalled and not moved for two hours.   The folder that the backup was uploading to is not accessible via the web interface but returns a message "We are experiencing some technical problems - please try again later"  It seems that the new app has lost contact with the cloud.   Helpdesk rung again and told that they are still having issues with the cloud and to try later.   3 days without a reliable backup really is not good enough.  It would help if BT notified all users that there is a problem.  

0 Ratings
Message 169 of 1,226

Thanks for the message John.

My software has successfully updated but the PC has been synching now for 48 hours. I appreciate that it takes several hours to sync 60Gb of files but there is no indication of how much longer the sycn will take.

0 Ratings
Message 170 of 1,226

I love that Admin post an update but lock it for replies. Sums up customer services

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Recent-update-to-BT-Cloud-for-Windows-user...