Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

But is says "we value your feedback"!
0 Ratings
Message 172 of 1,226

I'm afraid SeanD, Community Manager is not addressing the issues. BT Web interface does not work properly.  Why is he ignoring the 'Unexpected Error' shown against the icon in the system tray. This software needs a complete overhaul and BT will be responsible if any of my backups are lost!

0 Ratings
Message 173 of 1,226

Correct, its the 21st century, technology has moved on..

Testing prior to launch is basic IT stuff....

0 Ratings
Message 174 of 1,226

Yes but how will we know, when they won't reply?
Message 175 of 1,226

NOT OKNOT OK

Not OK

Message 176 of 1,226

I can now only access my Cloud via btcloud.bt.com on one PC. The other PC just won’t connect via  btcloud.bt.com or via taskbar. I get :

”https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/fad29bd131b64043814af6189884791a/vault” showing now. No idea what that means so is no help whatsoever! 

I contacted BT’s complaint section via “My BT” yesterday about all this but had no reply as yet.  😡

0 Ratings
Message 177 of 1,226

BT Cloud Not working on PC.

I Know this is a much repeated issue but hear goes anyway.

A few days ago a message came up on my PC that the existing BT Cloud programmer had to be deleted and replaced with a new version. Initially thought the format seemed a bit strange but clicked on it anyway.  After a while another message came up saying that there was an issue in loading the new version of BT Clouds for Windows . Wasn't able to open the old icon and when I checked its content, there was nothing listed in it. I deleted the existing Cloud icon  and tried downloading the new version. Unfortunately this wouldn't open on my PC. Started to panic that access to my Cloud content had been hacked, but on checking the app/programme on other platforms its seemed that the content seemed intact. ( Limited IT background so excuse any stupid ideas)

Summary- has anybody else had similar issues with BT Cloud for Windows/PC and how did you get the issue resolved. No smart-**bleep** comments required!

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 178 of 1,226

@bobreedwrote:

<snip>

3 days without a reliable backup really is not good enough.  It would help if BT notified all users that there is a problem.  

Too right. But nobody should ever rely on just one form of backup. In the domestic environment I suggest that backing up to Cloud storage and an external hard drive should be the absolute minimum.

0 Ratings
Message 179 of 1,226

Is BT Cloud provided by Amazon Web Services or an in-house development? Either way - BT appears to have lost control on quality assurance and customer service. 

0 Ratings
Message 180 of 1,226

@GeoffSmith I agree that a single form of backup is not sufficient, especially for commercial users.  However the whole point of using cloud storage as a private individual is that this is a "managed service" and as part of that service BT should be providing resilience and disaster recovery.  Not only for the data held but for the service itself.  The trouble is as far as I am aware there are no availability guarantees for BT Cloud when used domestically.

0 Ratings