cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 1,226

BT Cloud Desktop ceased working

Please add me to the welter of people who selected to update BT Cloud on their desktop only to find it has stopped working and in effect has disappeared.  I appeared to get the downloaded .exe file OK but running it just caused the whole thing to vanish!  Mercifully, my backed-up files on the Cloud are still intact but I'd like something akin to the easy-access offered on my startup screen, as before.

0 Ratings
Message 192 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Desktop ceased working

This has happened to me is there a fix

0 Ratings
Message 193 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Not working on PC.

Yes had it the same word for word, cloud still works on my phone, will not load on windows pc. Have we had a fix?
0 Ratings
Message 194 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Not working on PC.

I am heartily sick of BT Cloud taking up at least 10% CPU and up to 15% all the time my computer is on.  It doesn't actually appear to be doing anything, there are no files being backed up, so what on earth is happening.

The separate message from BT tellng us all is OK and thanks for the feedback also said "

Firstly please be assured that all your existing data files are safely backed up in the cloud. You’re also able to view these in the web interface via this link, BT Cloud web interface" .  WRONG!  That just times out and tells me to try later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
Message 195 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Version 20.6.1 appears  to have installed in that I have a Cloud icon in the system tray telling me that all files are synced.  However, I have no "Dashboard" any more and right clicking the cloud icon only gives me options to update preferences and open BT Cloud on the web.  Is there supposed to be a "Dashboard" app in this version?  Or has BT Cloud gone to browser access only?  See screen clips of all I can see.

BT Cloud 1.JPGBT Cloud 2.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 196 of 1,226

Worse still! All my previously backed up files have been moved into the ‘Trash’ folder on BT Cloud. Can BT get any worse?

0 Ratings
Message 197 of 1,226

@Catain_Sensiblewrote:

Version 20.6.1 appears  to have installed in that I have a Cloud icon in the system tray telling me that all files are synced.  However, I have no "Dashboard" any more and right clicking the cloud icon only gives me options to update preferences and open BT Cloud on the web.  Is there supposed to be a "Dashboard" app in this version?  Or has BT Cloud gone to browser access only?  See screen clips of all I can see.

BT Cloud 1.JPGBT Cloud 2.JPG

There is no old dashboard - what you see is the current dashboard now. This screen shows files that have been synced. Preferences is where you can choose the folders but it should be what you had before the upgrade. Your green tick on the top left is a good sign that all is working well for you.

0 Ratings
Message 198 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud update

I have the same problem on pc but laptop works ok spent ages on phone to bt but no joy last person emailed me a document and said I would have to read it (inference was I didn't know what I was doing) most of it was irrelevant and on about page 20 I realized it was all about the old version. One of the bt guys started to talk me through what to do and I realized he was referring to the old version looks like they rolled out a new version but not trained their advisors.
0 Ratings
Message 199 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Upadte - Come On BT Tell US What You Are Doing - Shambles

The update is installed . Right clicking the grey cloud seems to  call up the new dashboard.   I hope they bring back the coloured ticks to see what is backed up and a better dashboard which can be accessed from a desktop icon. Also it would have been nice to have an up-to-date PDF to explain the changes!!!! Spent ages yesterday looking for the old dashboard, not realizing it was a major overhaul. Also had technical difficulties message when trying to look at my files.

We are paying for this in our monthly fees, so hopefully some of the issues raised  will be addressed......... 

0 Ratings
Message 200 of 1,226

Is anyone else noticing an improvement?

My amended/new/deleted folders &  files are now syncing between laptop and PC in less than a minute

Not sure if it's BT or something I've done.

(about an hour ago I downloaded the 20.6.1 exe file and ran it again)

0 Ratings