cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 221 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

I rely on BTCloud for my backups. I use over 600 GBytes of BTCloud storage.  This new release is a complete mess.

• The desktop client has forgotten all the folders that I back up.
  • On the web client all I can see if "error" or "we're having technical difficulties".

Is my data still safe? Are my files being backed up? How can BT produce something so bad? When is it going to be fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 222 of 1,226

I tried a roll back but my laptop just froze and I could not get it boot up again. It's now in a pc repairs shop to see if he can get it to boot up. I am refraining from updating my desk top pc. 

0 Ratings
Message 223 of 1,226

4 days and status still reads: We're initializing metadata... and nothing being uploaded and no  local modified files being copied up to the cloud. Why does BT not post a statement and at the same time update the BT Cloud help URL to the latest version of their useless desktop software!
It's about time this fiasco got escalated to the news providers like the BBC, perhaps BT might at least explain what the issues are and what they are going to do about it!

0 Ratings
Message 224 of 1,226

Re: BT CLOUD STILL NOT WORKING - SORT IT OUT BT !!!!

I'm lost and getting more angry with BT. Cloud seems to work now and again, apart from the lack of any guides or help from these idiots we are left to grope around trying to put right what we can after their pathetic 'upgrade'. When I open the Cloud folder it states I have a lot of content and will take some time to download, I don't want to download it I just need to see what is there and what is not there. I see 4 boxes with 4 rotating circles which go on, and on for ages, and I only have used 12% of my 1000GB!

I then see that my music and photos folders are experiencing problems and to try again later, for 3+ days ???????

I then stumble across the preferences in the tiny cloud logo in the hidden folders on the system tray, under the sync tab most of my cloud back-up files are not ticked. I now to have go through the whole file system to find out what should be ticked and what shouldn't.

Someone mentioned that BT Cloud is free, it is not, we pay through the nose for anything from BT as these are part of the package we pay for. I am seriously thinking of using a professional back up program as this BT Cloud is somewhat of a joke.

AND STILL NO WORD FROM  BT. COMMUNICATIONS? THEY JUST DON'T KNOW HOW.

The questions only easy if you already know the answer
0 Ratings
Message 225 of 1,226

@AJSHwrote:

OK further to this I did some more testing.

If you create a new document and save it in your folder it is uploaded to BT Cloud. 

If you then update the document and save and close it it doesn't upload the latest version.

I have my preferences set to continuous for all my folders (not daily or weekly)

Thanks for the warning. I've just done the same, so no surprise that it confirms your experience.

Nobody should ever rely solely on one type of backup. In this case BT Cloud is proven unreliable, so it's essential to take backup elsewhere - e.g.  on at least one external hard drive.

0 Ratings
Message 226 of 1,226

Re: BT CLOUD STILL NOT WORKING - SORT IT OUT BT !!!!

I'm experiencing all the same problems for 4 days now. I would like to see the green ticks restored to all the files I had selected in MS File Explorer for backup to BT Cloud.  Is that too much to hope for? Luckily, I also back everything up locally on 2 drives, plus important stuff to OneDrive, but this BT Cloud fiasco is still very annoying - as is the apparent lack of communication from them.

0 Ratings
Message 227 of 1,226

aaaand then all of a sudden a document I updated did start syncing with the cloud (green status bar showed) I went to the cloud interface and downloaded it and it was the latest version.

I then updated the version on my PC again  and (so far) 17 minutes later no sync to the cloud

I double-checked by downloading it again and it hadn't changed

This is very flaky for an important tool

0 Ratings
Message 228 of 1,226

The CEO of BT is Philip Jansen - e-mail ************

Thought I might drop him a line. Anyone with me?

Message 229 of 1,226

I sent a mail in yesterday. I think the more the better... 

What I find the most galling is the complete lack of information from BT. It is one thing to make an error quite another to be totally silent on this

0 Ratings
Message 230 of 1,226

Be nice to have a daily update

0 Ratings