cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 321 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Hi there

Since accepting the update to BT Cloud, BT Cloud (32 bit) is now running 32% CPU and very high power usage when I start my computer. 

Please let me know what I should do next to avoid this update from BT damaging my new machine, whose disk is now making a very loud noise. 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 322 of 1,226

Even after BT Cloud has been running for many days, and all files in sync, CPU is still 20% and Power Usage "Very High" (according to Task Manager). Newly changed files also take a long time to sync. OneDrive, on the other hand, syncs changed files within seconds, uses a tenth of the memory and negligible CPU. What is BT Cloud doing wrong?

0 Ratings
Message 323 of 1,226

This whole cloud update situation is appalling, one week after being forced into doing an update on a program that was working fine I still don't have cloud working on my laptop, even worse nobody on BT's helpdesks seems to know a thing about cloud, after numerous phone calls and getting passed from one to another the best I've got so far is finally being referred to this forum and that's taken a week, at least I now know I am not the only one with the problem. This cloud update farce certainly isn't BT's finest hour.

0 Ratings
Message 324 of 1,226

Can somebody please provide us with an update and how come it appears to be working, albeit not 100% correctly for some people, whereas for others, including me, it won't even start probably - as soon as i start it it fails with an "Unexpected Error".

0 Ratings
Message 325 of 1,226

I suspect your antivirus software will have identified the .exe file as malware and prevented the file from running. Probably a good thing!
0 Ratings
Message 326 of 1,226

@New_To_UKwrote:

@Wantabetterservicewrote:

What a mess. I can now access the Cloud on the web - but - the files are shown but not shown grouped in the Folders as on my PC - which makes it close to unusable. This means only sharing of a specific file and not the respective Folder containing the associated files. 

If you have selected the folder for backup - it should show you on the web.

On the web - on the left hand bar  - there is a folder icon which if you hover says "All my Files"

Clicking on it should show your repository in this case - one of them should be your laptop. Clicking through it should show your folder structure exactly as your PC from the point of the folders you have selected for backup. 

@Wantabetterservice @Caz11 

Just like this...

2020-12-07 (1).png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
Message 327 of 1,226

@GeoffSmithwrote:

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you turned off the Download option?

cloud.jpg

Since you seem to have adequate backup elsewhere, I'd be inclined to Exit BT Cloud, having turned off the option to start it at reboot. Then wait for the dust to settle.

Thanks. NOT AT ALL obvious!  That gear icon only appears when you hover over an otherwise blank space, and the options only appear if you click on that gear icon.

In the second tab is Sync - I have NEVER used this but it was enabled!

@NeilO Where is the guide that should have been released at the same time?

Unfortunately this is the second BT "Upgrade" within a few months.  My Yahoo Mail was replaced with BT Mail which was an unnacceptable option, so I am now not using the email service I am paying for. There are fewer and fewer reasons to stay with BT.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Ratings
Message 328 of 1,226

Well it is functioning on my Desktop (W10) and Ipad IOS 14.2.

Although its running on my Ipad this Ipad is not reflected anywhere in the file list.

I have discovered that the videos are not kept in the folder(Album) that I thought they were. I have to make a note of the date of the folder then scroll down through the entire list pictures and there they are.

On my desktop I started it up and it says its syncing but in reality it seems to be downloading everything I ever put up going back years, presumably its rebuilding the entire structure of files where the backups originally came from. 

I have stopped this  as I dont want everything duplicated.

Will stop running it and come back some time next year and see if it is fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 329 of 1,226

To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer. And to mess up completely takes a human running said computer...
0 Ratings
Message 330 of 1,226

Using the BT Cloud web page, which finally today lets me see my files, I have tried to remove an old backup.  It fails.  The not at all helpful message is

2020-12-07 (2).png

0 Ratings