cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 331 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

It got to the point where it is locking my laptop up for mins

Since uninstalled the the speed has increased ...and the usage of the hardrive has gone back to normal

So will leave uninstalled until India can sort what they did to the update

0 Ratings
Message 332 of 1,226

All that is shown in the repository is my laptop - nothing happens when I click on this.
0 Ratings
Message 333 of 1,226

You are lucky to get your laptop to work. Mine is still in the repair shop to see if he can get it to boot up. But with covid and lot's of people working from home he is very busy. 

0 Ratings
Message 334 of 1,226

Well all my issues have been solved.

As part of winding down I logged off BT Cloud on my Desktop (W10) x86

For some reason it (BT Cloud) tried to log straight back in , I didnt ask it, the circle was spinning and then........

My virus checker (AVG) swooped in and said that a thing it didnt like IDP.Generic was in BT Cloud.

Found in CEFSHARP.BROWSERSUBPROCESS.exe that was in BT Cloud\App2.0.6.1\x86

It then quarantined and subsequently  removed BT Cloud from my desktop.

Will leave it on my Ipad but thats it.

It may be a false positive I need to check.

0 Ratings
Message 335 of 1,226

Another problem.

Because BT Cloud is being such a CPU and hence power hog, it damages my ability to use my computer for what I need to do. Still typically around 15% of an i7.  The icon in the system tray has the two circling arrows, and it says "syncing" but the last thing it did was 17 hours ago.  So I used the menu (3 dots) on the pop-out "Dashboard" and chose "Exit".  

BT Cloud WILL NOT EXIT!  It keeps running despite telling it to close. It continues to hog CPU. 

The only way out is through Task manager and "End Task" thus forcing it to close.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
Message 336 of 1,226

I have logged out of the app, unticked all the boxes so it wont sync and wont start up when pc is turned on, but I have left it installed for now. The problem is if its not turned on when an update/fix is rolled out I assume I wont know.

Will bt send us an email to tell us a new app is available I wonder.

0 Ratings
Message 337 of 1,226

Hi all, I'm certainly not going to read through the hundreds of comments on here but I wonder if someone can confirm that the Green Cloud does not now appear on all files and folders that have been successfully uploaded ?

And, I can't right button click on a file and get the "Upload to BT Cloud" option ?

Lastly, is there an updated client download available yet please ?

Many thanks............ebt

0 Ratings
Message 338 of 1,226

@englishbullterrierwrote:

Hi all, I'm certainly not going to read through the hundreds of comments on here but I wonder if someone can confirm that the Green Cloud does not now appear on all files and folders that have been successfully uploaded ?

And, I can't right button click on a file and get the "Upload to BT Cloud" option ?

Lastly, is there an updated client download available yet please ?

Many thanks............ebt

Correct, in both cases.

It's been promised for "week commencing 9th December" - whatever that means.

0 Ratings
Message 339 of 1,226

My hard disk works very hard and occassionally locks me out.  I have identified what is causing this and it seems to be when BT Cloud is working.  I used the Task Manager to see what was happening and it is Runtime Broker 

Runtime Broker is a Windows process in Task Manager that helps manage permissions on your PC for apps from Windows Store. It should only use a few megabytes of memory, but in some cases, a faulty app might cause Runtime Broker to use up to a gigabyte of RAM or more

Can the BT team ensure that is rectified too?

0 Ratings
Message 340 of 1,226

Thanks.......ebt

0 Ratings