Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 341 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Hi all,

We wanted to update you on the work we’ve been doing to address some of the concerns you reported with the latest upgrade on Windows to v20.6.1.

We’ve made some improvements which we believe were affecting your experience in using the client. Whilst we will continue to investigate any problems, we believe the vast majority of those reported should now be resolved.

Please reach out to us if you’re still having problems. Our moderators will help collect your details for any problems you are having.

BT Cloud is also still available to use via the web at BT Cloud web or via mobile apps.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 342 of 1,226

Thank you for the good news..... However, BT Cloud is, as of this moment, still showing Power Usage "Very high" and CPU of 20%. Will the update you are referring to be applied automatically or is it server side? When should we see power consumption come back to reasonable (negligible) levels - especially when all files in sync? How long should it take for file to be recognised as needing synchronisation and this taking effect?

0 Ratings
Message 343 of 1,226

BT Cloud still fails to start on my system, returns "Unexpected Errro".

System says it is BT Cloud client version 20.6.1.   How do we get the "improved" version - since no option to tell the client to update exists.   Previous update that got us into this mess was automatically triggered by the client.

0 Ratings
Message 344 of 1,226

Sean - please can you be more specific as I have noticed no change from my side on the Desktop client - still saying syncing when it clearly is not. are we supposed to re-install the software?

0 Ratings
Message 345 of 1,226

Nothing changed for me.
0 Ratings
Message 346 of 1,226

Are you still getting that message after 5 days running 24/7 or 5 days of reboots?

I've had it for 8 days now, but the app crashes with a "Suspended" message in Task Manager after about 20 minutes.  When I restart it, the initiating message re-appears.

Since it isn't able to initialise properly before crashing, I have just removed it from the Start-up list and will wait until the problem is fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 347 of 1,226

Nothing changed here either.

Removed remnants of previous installation to enable a clean install, I notice the version number is exactly the same ?

Downloaded and reinstalled Desktop.

I tried the logon Avg said it is malware same as yesterday and quarantined it.

I have sent the file to AVG for their analysis to see if it is a false positive

I think the Desktop file loaded straight from the BT web site is the same one hence the version number being the same.

To save further searching can someone tell us what the version number of the amended Desktop client  app is please ..thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 348 of 1,226

Thank you for the update Sean.  Although a little more information would help regarding the improvements and which /what these improvements are.

I have just tested the syncing aspect.  Yet again a change to a document made at 11:06hrs has not been uploaded to Cloud.  However a copy of that document created with an amended title and saved to the same directory path on my PC at 11:09hrs was uploaded to the Cloud at 11:10hrs.  New documents are uploaded, amendments to documents are not.

I have an active complaint open under reference VOL013-*********** , which was opened by Ben ***** of the 
Executive Customer Resolution Team.

0 Ratings
Message 349 of 1,226

Can we please get an answer to the question that has been asked numerous times lately -

Do we need to install an updated client ?

If so, when will it be available please ?

.......ebt

0 Ratings
Message 350 of 1,226

Like earlier issues with BT Web Mail (still not good for me, though my use of a client insulates me from most of the madness - not an option here!) some customers are seeing no problems (as I am not, now, with BT Cloud) whereas others are in the doldrums.

Almost certainly the new software is clashing with something (or somethings, as the experiences differ)  on people's machines, which are not causing other applications/ programmes any problems. With so much on our machines, diagnosing this will be very difficult (and obviously whatever it or they is or are, it or they are not causing problem to other software packages).

Clearly the best first option is to delete the BT Cloud programme completely from your machine, then reboot and try to load the application clean. This did work for me (I had nothing else running at the time) - it did load and now seems to work OK. Previously it wouldn't even load.

But if you've tried that and it hasn't worked for you then I would use this forum to describe exactly what you think is wrong, what system you are running on, and hope the BT moderators will feed back to the programmers. Big generic problems are likely to be fixed before very specific ones, of course. The BT people do know that some anti-virus programmes are rejecting the BT application and are trying to do something about that with the programme owners, (I believe) - but that rejection is not universal across all anti-virus. McAfee and Malwarebytes both seem OK with it, at the moment, or at least are so on my system.

0 Ratings