cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 351 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

What a shambles. Problem still there and my computer has slowed to a standstill.

When will problem be fixed ? 

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 352 of 1,226

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your comments, this is very useful.  I am collating all the concerns you folks have and will work with the Cloud team to understand these, and more importantly, get an update so I can share with you.

@englishbullterrier wrote:

Can we please get an answer to the question that has been asked numerous times lately -

Do we need to install an updated client ?

If so, when will it be available please ?

.......ebt

The improvements that were rolled out yesterday were all server-side so you, as an end-user, do not need to worry about downloading any new updates.

Please keep the comments coming and I will provide updates as soon as I have them.

Cheers

Sean

Message 353 of 1,226

Thanks for the feedback Sean, but how is this improved version being deployed?

Clicking on About in the app show it is still v20.6.1 here, and none of the issues I am experiencing have been resolved.  It just sits there displaying the initiating metadata message until it crashes.

Oh how I envy users who get as far as having sync problems!  😞

0 Ratings
Message 354 of 1,226

Still not working.   It starts up and within a minute drops out.  Synch problems??   If only I ever got that far

0 Ratings
Message 355 of 1,226

Great news - for the first time since the upgrade BT Cloud not only synchronised a new file within a couple of minutes (or less) but Power Usage has dropped to "Very low" (alternating occasionally with "Moderate") and negligible CPU. An updated file (same file but re-saved) also updated within a minute. Things are improving! Thank you. We still need a proper dashboard to manage backups though.

0 Ratings
Message 356 of 1,226

Still not working also I uninstalled app then did a new install but when the desktop window opens there is the same list of recently updated from 6 days ago am I missing something ?

0 Ratings
Message 357 of 1,226

@android3wrote:

Still not working also I uninstalled app then did a new install but when the desktop window opens there is the same list of recently updated from 6 days ago am I missing something ?

If you click on the Cloud symbol under the arrow on your taskbar (on the right) you will see a number of icons on the top of the resulting BT Cloud box - including an 'open BT Cloud Sync' folder icon and a preferences rosette. It may be that you need to change things there to get your sync - well in-synch. I think you can also access settings if you open the related web page (the globe icon). See if any of the settings don't look as you would want them.

0 Ratings
Message 358 of 1,226

Its the desktop client that appears to be not working on my system, since it won't start so probably not even talking to the server side of things.
0 Ratings
Message 359 of 1,226

New files  seem to sync within a few hours, updated files seem to update randomly or not at all. I have several folders in the cloud which should sync with a desktop and laptop, but non are showing the same. It also seems as though the cloud has picked up on files and folders which were deleted / moved some moths ago and restored some to the laptop and others to the desktop.  Also getting an error message "an error has occured, the application cannot continue and will be paused (500/1069)".  The helpdesk are still trying to tell me to open the dashboard, some still seem unaware of the update, the error message they say will pass onto developers. Over a week and still not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Message 360 of 1,226

I reinstalled just to see if it was working ...

Well no

Whilst it is syncing my disk is running at 100% as soon as i pause the sync the disk usage drops back to normal

as soon as resync the usage goes up to 100%

I also notice whilst watching task master that a DSA service  (32 bit) startes jumping to the top of the list

Also A system programes jumps a lot to the top as well

Again once i pause the synce it  go back down the list and do not go up as often ..

Going to uninstall the bt cloud as my drive runs at 100% if it carries on as that rate the hardrive will fail at sometime will BT cover me the cost of a new harddrive

Will wait for the new version

0 Ratings