cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 401 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Anoldgit asked: Are we going to be compensated for all this time without a cloud service?

I am certain that every penny you paid for the BTCloud service will be fully compensated.  😉

Message 402 of 1,226

When you say that it "appears" to be working, do you mean that it is the same as it was before the crash, or are there any new features apparent?
0 Ratings
Message 403 of 1,226

I was going to make same comment. Lol
0 Ratings
Message 404 of 1,226

Update 2nd day

Before i could not use the BT cloud

Since following what one person said about clearing everything out plus the hidden files

Then reinstalling Performance and hard drive usage has gone back to normal

I have change the setting from continues to daily for folders.

As to what changes BT did I am not aware it still seeems to be the same version no updates.

So working as before

0 Ratings
Message 405 of 1,226

BT Cloud Update

Every morning I switch on my computer BT Cloud tells me it needs to update. Every morning I click on update, then it says installing, then NOTHING!!!!! 

Nothing has been backed up onto the Cloud for over a week now so I will lose anything I have added.  What is going on!  I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it - still nothing happens.  No comments from BT about this problem at all.  When are they going to get it sorted.  I am now having to put everything onto a USB stick sto that I dont lose any added data!  

0 Ratings
Message 406 of 1,226

I've wasted enough time on this, I've uninstalled BT Cloud that didn't work anyway and will leave it until BT hopefully get a final fix, what a shambles, haven't they heard of beta testing stuff before release. 

Their customer relations is appalling, where are the updates on here so we know what's going on, even an update to say they haven't fixed it yet would be something.

Message 407 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start; any word on new version?

I'm going to try the uninstall and delete everything suggestions, and start over from scratch. Perhaps they did upload a new version but forgot to implement it's version number.

0 Ratings
Message 408 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start; any word on new version?

The changes so far have been at the server, BT has not yet altered the client app. 

0 Ratings
Message 409 of 1,226

Hi

Has anyone managed to make it work on a MacBook ?

0 Ratings
Message 410 of 1,226

Those server side stuff has made a difference as mine seems super quick to backup now. 

For anybody struggling to get working, is anybody able to try this:

You will have to choose your folders and sync settings again (when you re-enable sync - make sure you choose the existing sync folder as BT Cloud on a new install chooses a new sync folder)

1. Ensure any windows updates are done (search Windows Update Settings on your computer)

2. Uninstall BT Cloud completely 

3. Restart your computer

4. Go to https://www.bt.com/cloud/download which should download the latest software automatically

5. Go through install and at the end, click the desktop shortcut first and then check the system tray as there is no other visual cue. 

0 Ratings