cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 411 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Is there any further news on the BT Cloud update promised for delivery this week?

0 Ratings
Message 412 of 1,226

Part of it, the update to server software, has apparently been delivered and certainly some users have noticed improvements. The client software (desktop) hasn't been updated yet. 

0 Ratings
Message 413 of 1,226

Thanks! I tried a complete reinstall a couple of hours ago on my laptop and the process still hangs, just as before. Hopefully, the client software isn't too far away.

0 Ratings
Message 414 of 1,226

@TomP63wrote:

Thanks! I tried a complete reinstall a couple of hours ago on my laptop and the process still hangs, just as before. Hopefully, the client software isn't too far away.

Hey, do you get as far as being able to clicking the icon from the system tray and opening the popup?

0 Ratings
Message 415 of 1,226

Unfortunately, no. The screen opens the BT logo and says Installing..... It then asks for various settings and preferences. After that, nothing! 

Nothing has appeared so far in the system tray. 

0 Ratings
Message 416 of 1,226

Mine so far seems to be working

After clearing out all the old software Plus the hidden one.

Reinstalled ...make sure after installing it is using the default folder or it will start another one.

Select the folders you want backed up also change from continuious to daily.

The Icon you were on about is working clik on it and it give the files it has backed up .

Travelusa_0-1607702569407.png

As i said appears to be working now no issues with the harddrive at 100 % cpu back to normal

No lockups ....

0 Ratings
Message 417 of 1,226

@TomP63wrote:

Unfortunately, no. The screen opens the BT logo and says Installing..... It then asks for various settings and preferences. After that, nothing! 

Nothing has appeared so far in the system tray. 

sounds like it is installed? These are the steps I saw from a new install and from what you describe - you should be on Step 8

1. BT Cloud Installing Message
  2. Then login window - Enter Username and Password
  3. License Agreement - Click Accept
  4. Preferences Window -  starts with Add a Folder popup 1 of 7 - (Click Skip)
  5. Choose backup folders
  6. Click sync tab - skip the messages - and browse to old sync folder and enable sync if you want it (New installation suggests a new sync folder)
  7. Click Save - window disappears
  8. Check in system tray and click on cloud icon which opens a white popup

Try double clicking on the desktop shortcut to see if it launches it in the system tray? The system tray is inside the up arrow on the bottom right. 

0 Ratings
Message 418 of 1,226

Yes, it has appeared in the system tray and does appear to be syncing! However, it does not launch on the desktop at start-up and there is no desktop dashboard available yet. 

0 Ratings
Message 419 of 1,226

Click on icon then go to settings I found both startup and keep logged in unticked

Tick them and save

Travelusa_0-1607704318335.png

0 Ratings
Message 420 of 1,226

BT Web App.jpg

I don't want to fetch every thing!

Is this what you normally get when you open the Web App? I am sure I used to get a normal sort of folder view straight off and could select the folder I needed.

This is a PITA having to download this every time, takes forever......

Also found that in Windows Media Player it has corrupted a lot of my file (Music) titles, The title and what is played are now different, It will take me days to check and rename 1000's of tracks.

The questions only easy if you already know the answer
0 Ratings